Using SNC to write book, then export in a format acceptable to a publisher

Mark

Oct 18, 2011, 3:01:20 PM10/18/11
to SuperNotecard
I'm wondering:

1. Is it possible to write an entire book manuscript using SNC?

2. Is it possible to export that book from SNC into a format
acceptable to most publishers?

Thank you.
Mark VanOuse

dybka...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2011, 3:30:55 PM10/19/11
to SuperNotecard
Yes. I have done it. SNC exports as RTF, which imports seamlessly into
any decent word processor. I use Nisus. Format accordingly. The
formatting is an extra step, but the organizational advantage of SNC
makes it worthwhile.

Randall Orndorff

Oct 19, 2011, 6:05:56 PM10/19/11
to dybka...@gmail.com, SuperNotecard
FYI - If you are using Windows 7 you may need to run it as administrator and in compatibility mode for XP SP 3.  My exports were not working properly until I did that.

BDWood

Oct 21, 2011, 8:58:12 AM10/21/11
to SuperNotecard
I've done it too, SNC worked extremely well in writing the book and
managing its structure. I exported into RTF and imported into
Microsoft Word - and by using styles, the formatting was automated.
The only thing missing was diagrams, which SNC doesn't really handle.

Regards

Brian Wood