calling svnsync synchronize

Steudel, Philipp

Jun 23, 2023, 8:55:31 AM6/23/23
to us...@subversion.apache.org

Hi support,

calling svnsync synchronize now ends in attached dump.

First I got a message like “Failed to load module for FS type 'bdb' tortoise” or like

svnsync: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'file:///…'

svnsync: E180001: Unable to open repository 'file:///…'

svnsync: E160043: Expected FS format between '1' and '7'; found format '8'

although in the file format there was a 5.

I tried different numbers, but got the message above or to use 5 or 7, but after some trials now I get this hard error.

How can I synchronize my repo successfully?

Best regards

Philipp Steudel

Worldline Payment Services (Germany) GmbH, Geschäftsführerin: Beate Krugmann, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Langenhorner Chaussee 92 – 94, 22415 Hamburg, Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 121831, Ust.-IdNr.: DE208835438.
Worldline, Cardlink, GoPay and Santeos are registered trademarks and trade names owned by the Worldline Group. This e-mail and any documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. It may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are not authorised to copy, disclose, use or retain it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your systems. As e-mails may be intercepted, amended or lost, they are not secure. Therefore, Worldline’s and its subsidiaries’ liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the Worldline Group endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant that this e-mail is virus-free and do not accept liability for any damages, losses or consequences resulting from any transmitted virus if any. The risks are deemed to be accepted by anyone who communicates with Worldline or its subsidiaries by e-mail.

svn-crash-log20230623144041.dmp
svn-crash-log20230623144041.log

Daniel Sahlberg

Jun 26, 2023, 6:13:28 AM6/26/23
to Steudel, Philipp, us...@subversion.apache.org
Den fre 23 juni 2023 kl 14:55 skrev Steudel, Philipp <philipp...@worldline.com>:

Hi support,

calling svnsync synchronize now ends in attached dump.

First I got a message like “Failed to load module for FS type 'bdb' tortoise” or like

svnsync: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'file:///…'

svnsync: E180001: Unable to open repository 'file:///…'

svnsync: E160043: Expected FS format between '1' and '7'; found format '8'

although in the file format there was a 5.

I tried different numbers, but got the message above or to use 5 or 7, but after some trials now I get this hard error.

How can I synchronize my repo successfully?

Did you change anything in any of the repository files? That is not supported and you have a high risk of ruining things. Please restore any changes and check the original error message.

You mention "bdb" and "tortoise" leading me to believe you have installed TortoiseSVN and trying to access a repository in the bdb format. I don't think TortoiseSVN is capable of accessing a BDB repository (since the required modules are not included in the default compilation settings - maybe you can get lucky if you find a really old version). Some more information on the bdb format: https://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#bdb-fsfs-convert

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg

Nico Kadel-Garcia

Jun 26, 2023, 6:50:31 AM6/26/23
to Daniel Sahlberg, Steudel, Philipp, us...@subversion.apache.org
TortoiseSVN uses whichever Subversion was contemporary at the time it
was built, and may include bdb support. I believe contemporary
versions include BDB support for backwards compatibility. But it
sounds like your setup is due for some updates.

Steudel, Philipp

Jun 26, 2023, 7:10:42 AM6/26/23
to Nico Kadel-Garcia, Daniel Sahlberg, us...@subversion.apache.org
Hello support,

I need to change my laptop so I copied all repos, but did not change anything in the files itself. The change of the version was only a trial, since I found this hint as a solution in a forum as a comment, but changed it back, after it did not work.

Best regards

Philipp Steudel

Caution! External email. Do not open attachments or click links, unless this email comes from a known sender and you know the content is safe.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 6:13 AM Daniel Sahlberg <daniel.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Den fre 23 juni 2023 kl 14:55 skrev Steudel, Philipp <philipp...@worldline.com>:
>>
>> Hi support,
>>

>> calling svnsync synchronize now ends in attached dump.
>>
>> First I got a message like “Failed to load module for FS type 'bdb'
>> tortoise” or like
>>

>> svnsync: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'file:///…'
>>
>> svnsync: E180001: Unable to open repository 'file:///…'
>>
>> svnsync: E160043: Expected FS format between '1' and '7'; found format '8'
>>

>> although in the file format there was a 5.
>>

>> I tried different numbers, but got the message above or to use 5 or 7, but after some trials now I get this hard error.
>>

>> How can I synchronize my repo successfully?
>

> Did you change anything in any of the repository files? That is not supported and you have a high risk of ruining things. Please restore any changes and check the original error message.
>
> You mention "bdb" and "tortoise" leading me to believe you have
> installed TortoiseSVN and trying to access a repository in the bdb
> format. I don't think TortoiseSVN is capable of accessing a BDB
> repository (since the required modules are not included in the default
> compilation settings - maybe you can get lucky if you find a really
> old version). Some more information on the bdb format:
> https://fra01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsubv
> ersion.apache.org%2Ffaq.html%23bdb-fsfs-convert&data=05%7C01%7Cphilipp
> .steudel%40worldline.com%7C6389ac00ad7f4bb038e008db76331595%7Cfda9decf
> e89243ac9d9f1a493f9f98d0%7C0%7C0%7C638233733989824951%7CUnknown%7CTWFp
> bGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn
> 0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=l0Eh8HJd9T%2BcKuBJDwP8nUZh2YDbrwvuhW1fuZNzU
> n0%3D&reserved=0
>
> Kind regards,
> Daniel Sahlberg

TortoiseSVN uses whichever Subversion was contemporary at the time it was built, and may include bdb support. I believe contemporary versions include BDB support for backwards compatibility. But it sounds like your setup is due for some updates.

Lorenz via users

Jun 28, 2023, 2:40:50 AM6/28/23
to us...@subversion.apache.org
Steudel, Philipp wrote:

>Hi support,
>
>calling svnsync synchronize now ends in attached dump.
>First I got a message like "Failed to load module for FS type 'bdb' tortoise" or like
>
>svnsync: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'file:///...'
>svnsync: E180001: Unable to open repository 'file:///...'
>svnsync: E160043: Expected FS format between '1' and '7'; found format '8'
>[...]

looking at the commit logs of at
https://svn.osdn.net/svnroot/tortoisesvn/trunk TSVN drop BDB support
with 1.6

is ist the source or the synced to repo that svnsync is complaining
above?
--

Lorenz