Latest GPF Update

Casey Creamer

Apr 23, 2021, 10:17:56 AMApr 23
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers,

Based on the current Covid situations, the various regulatory entities that we have to deal with have recommended that all of our Stone Bridge Driver Events will have to operate at a reduced capacity this year. Now this could change between now and September, and if that happens I will update this google group. So far that means that the plan is to still have what will be our regular event with a few changes related to maximum numbers and some better distancing. For example those in the Glenora Run know how tightly we park your cars at the Winery on the morning at onsite check-in. Now imagine less cars spaced out a little better so that the whole lot is still full, but there would be none of that sardine sensation. And you may see some logistical changes in how onsite check-in and other things are handled.

Based on the reduced numbers, these SBD events are currently full:

Glenora Run

Founders Tour

Knapp Sporting Roadster Tour

Concorso Speciale

These events still have some room left, but not much. First come, first served.

Concours d’Elegance

Tour de Marque/Alfa Romeo

FLX Alfa Romeo Journey to the Top (Thursday)

LOONY Lotus Rendezvous

Lane’s Yamaha Motorcycle Rallye

Glenkhana

So far the Canadian/US border is still closed so that will unfortunately keep our neighbors to the north from having the opportunity to participate. Keep in mind that this whole Covid thing is ever changing and there is a good chance that things will look a lot better as we get closer to September. For now we have to go with the reduced numbers to be able to get everything in place that we need to be able to have a Grand Prix Festival. If things keep improving, there is a chance that we might be able to open back up to our normal participation level for our Stone Bridge Driver Events. If that happens I will post to this group and we will reopen registration for whichever events had been marked as full.

In the meantime do your part by getting vaccinated and keep wearing a mask while keeping up with the masked and vaccinated driver ahead of you.

Casey