GPF Update

Casey Creamer

Sep 7, 2021, 12:00:46 PM9/7/21
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers,

Here is a little something from Terrie the chair of the Glenora Run:

ALFA ROMEO CARS FEATURED ON THE COURTHOUSE LAWN

Alfa Romeo Owners Club (AROC) – Buffalo Chapter  (AlfaBuff)  Display

On display at the Alfa Romeo Owners Club (AROC) Buffalo Chapter booth is a 1967 Alfa Romeo Montreal, owned by AlfaBuff member Baktash Bootarabi since 2014, its third owner.

The “concept car” was introduced at the 1967 Alfa Expo show in Montreal Canada and was well received and moved into production.  The production version debuted at the 1970 Geneva Switzerland Motor Show as the “Montreal” – a name which had stuck with the car during development since its introduction.

The Montreal model was never sold in the North American market, so not many are seen here, and only 3900 cars were built between 1971 and 1977 when it went out of production.

The vehicle on display was manufactured in 1975 and sold in Belgium.  The next owner undertook a 3-year restoration in the Netherlands.  Baktash has owned the car since 2014.  It appeared at the 2017 Alfa Expo in Montreal, at which the model was the feature.

Alfa Romeo of Rochester Display

Beside the Montreal a 2021 Stelvio All-Wheel-Drive is on display, provided by Alfa Romeo of Rochester.  Please stop by to visit with the folks from Alfa of Rochester and check it out!

Casey Creamer

Sep 8, 2021, 11:19:53 AM9/8/21
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers,

First, this is a rain or shine event. The more raincoats and umbrellas you bring, the less chance of real rain.

When you are out of your car, please wear a mask as much as possible. The more mask wearing, the less chance of spreading Covid or even the flu.

You should have gotten a few things mailed to you with your confirmation letter. There is a driver acknowledgement form that you should fill out and sign and bring with you to onsite check in. Also you will see a few different waivers that you have to bring with you and sign at onsite check in in front of one of our witnesses.

Having all of this stuff with you and ready to go will speed up the check in process immensely.

This next part is just for those who are registered in the Glenora Run although the #2. Part basically applies to all of you Stone Bridge Drivers.

Glenora Run Participants UPDATE

1. Please use SOUTH Glenora driveway when arriving - registration may take longer and cause traffic back-ups of participant cars (there will be signage),

2. Please have waivers out of packets and be ready to sign; names can be PRINTED in advance, and that would be helpful.

Many thanks,

Terrie

And just in case you were wondering what to do when you are on the Old Course, you might try keeping up with the car ahead of you.

See you real soon,

Casey

Casey Creamer

Sep 11, 2021, 9:33:48 AM9/11/21
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers,

Now that the 2021 Grand Prix Festival is in the books we are already busy planning for 2022.

From where I was standing all day, I would say that the 2021 GPF was a success. I assumed it would be, but I have to tell you that this year we were a little short on help in some volunteer positions and in many cases we had some new volunteers, or just new to the positions we had them fill this year. But somehow it all seemed to go well.

I want to thank all of you Stone Bridge Drivers. Remember that for the most part, you ARE the Festival. This is a fairly complex festival with a lot of moving pieces. It would not be possible for us to properly plan for this kind of event without you folks being willing to sign up and commit early. I know that it’s a big deal to put up non-refundable money like that. And we all know about how car guys are about making commitments. But that is the first part that makes this Festival possible and we appreciate it.

The other part that makes it all possible is your willingness to show up on time and take direction from your respective Stone Bridge Driver event chairs.

I have to tell you something relative to the whole keeping up with the car ahead of you thing. I don’t remember which one of the SBD events it was, but there was a huge gap and then I see this orange car coming towards me. So I stop him and I start in with something like WTF why is there such a big gap? Why weren’t you keeping up with the car ahead of you? He very politely informed me that he was held up at the crossing of the tracks by a train. I don’t remember if I said this to him or not, but of course I wanted to explain to him that if he had been properly keeping up with the car ahead of him, the train wouldn’t have gotten in-between him and the car ahead, but instead I was nice and let him continue his laps.

Anyway, thanks again to all of you for doing your part and if any of you want to see what it’s like on the other side of the fence, we can always use some more volunteers to help put this event on.

Remember to keep up with the car ahead of you, unless that light at the end of the tunnel  just happens to be an oncoming train.

See you next year,

Casey

Casey Creamer

Sep 13, 2021, 8:28:42 AM9/13/21
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers.

Relative to the whole keeping up with the car ahead idea, I did get a complaint that it was impossible to keep up and still be driving safely while he was driving his rallye route. He also thought some of the driving was a bit too aggressive and witnessed a few questionable passes.

First, the keeping up thing only refers to your time spent on your Cayuga Health System Laps of the Old Course. Maybe I should have made that clearer. There is no need to keep up while driving your rallye route or while driving home for that matter, although I personally try to do that whenever I am not passing another car or when I am on the track racing. Although at my age it is a bit hard to keep up while racing karts.

As for aggressive driving, it certainly will not be tolerated on the Old Course laps. During your rallye routes you are a little more on your own. Overly aggressive driving during you rally route drive if reported, can lead to being banned from participating in the Grand Prix Festival. But overly aggressive driving is a relative term. Like the Supreme Court Justice said, “I know it when I see it”.

We did have an issue a few years ago when that sort of thing led to a pretty serious crash, which totaled some really nice machinery.

The thing to remember is that any incident that jeopardizes human safety has the potential to shut down the Grand Prix Festival forever.

Keep on keeping up when the time is right,

Casey

Casey Creamer

Sep 13, 2021, 8:31:39 AM9/13/21
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers,

Thanks for all of the compliments. Our team really appreciates them.

Believe it or not, we also really appreciate constructive criticism.

Please feel free to share any ideas and criticism you have. You can contact me directly at ca...@senecasaw.com or 607-351-3936.

Thanks,

Casey