FW: Thank You Hazlitt 1852 Winery and Grand Ramblers from Carl and Terrie

Casey Creamer

Jun 13, 2022, 7:43:39 AM6/13/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Thank you to Hazlitt 1852 Winery for hosting a great 2022 Grand Ramble event!!  Particular thanks to Doug Hazlitt for taking some time from his day to welcome the Ramblers and visit with the crowd.  Also, our appreciation goes out to Hazlitt's Ann Flahive for getting the organizational ball rolling and to Jackie and Paul who hosted us and kept things moving throughout the day; all the staff we interacted with were very helpful and I hope they enjoyed seeing the cars we brought as much as the Ramblers enjoyed the venue, food and drink!!

To the Grand Ramblers - and remember, you newbies are now Stone Bridge Drivers! - thanks for joining the event.  Your adaptability to a few glitches was much appreciated, as was the fact that so many of you returned to Hazlitt after the rallye to continue the party.  What a fun, congenial group you are; I hope Carl and I managed to get to everyone and visit for a while.  We had some great discussions about cars we've owned, experiences we've shared and places we've lived - it was old home days.

Extra Special Thanks to Hazlitt for providing a really nice gift basket for the car show winner. Due to the way the crowd came and went, the post-rallye car show was a little flexible, and a few folks left before we began to make awards.  With Jackie's permission, we pivoted a little and made the gift basket into a "Stick-to-it-Iveness" award to Leighton Fritz.  Leighton and his folks have been long-time Glenora Runners, and he brought his Pontiac GTO on one of its first long rides. Unfortunately, he had some electrical problems, so he missed the WGI track laps and completed the day on a wing-and-a-prayer, but he made it back to Hazlitt after the rallye and had a nice afternoon with his folks and the crowd. Congratulations on your persistence and making it through the whole day!!

Finally, thanks to Watkins Glen International - everyone enjoyed the track laps and was buzzing about them at the winery.  Only a few drops of rain fell at WGI and throughout the day - hope everyone got home before the deluge settled.

Carl brings a handful of volunteers to the Ramble each year, and we want to publicly acknowledge their assistance, as well. Couldn't do it without you, guys!!

If you took any pictures or video that you are willing to share, we would love to have it.  Jackie indicated that Hazlitt would like to include some on their Facebook page, as well. Please send items to me (alfag...@gmail.com) and I will forward them to Hazlitt as well as to Eric Navestaad for the Grand Prix Festival website.

Hope to See you in September,

Terrie and Carl

Hazlitt 1852 Winery Grand Ramble Co-chairs

--

Terrie Sautter

2110 State Route 230

Dundee, New York