Is there a roadmap available?

Karen Lacey

Jun 1, 2022, 1:01:16 PM6/1/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

Can someone provide a link to a map that shows the route we will be driving?

Thanks,

Karen

Michael Waal

Jun 1, 2022, 1:13:30 PM6/1/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, Karen Lacey
Generally, rallyes are a surprise; you receive the directions from the rallye master just before departure.

Take it you've never been on one, participated in one, before.

Michael Waal

Jun 1, 2022, 1:34:02 PM6/1/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, Karen Lacey
Regards my reply to your question, it is my presumption you are asking about a StoneBridgeDrivers event you are registered for.
My apology if you are asking about the original 6.6 mile Watkins Glen Grand Prix Race Course reenactment, here is a map of that.

michael segretto

Jun 1, 2022, 2:48:55 PM6/1/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
We have to be careful driving on the dirt surface , it is hard packed but it is not paved, we have driven it several times

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Casey Creamer

Jun 1, 2022, 2:53:17 PM6/1/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com

I assume Michael is joking when he refers to the dirt portion of the Old Course. Yes there was a section that was dirt in 1948, but it hasn’t been dirt in many, many years. Although there have been times when the paving was in not the greatest condition. Especially the last time the Stone Bridge section flooded a day or 2 before our event.

image001.jpg

michael segretto

Jun 1, 2022, 3:11:11 PM6/1/22
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
My apologies, but I could not resist. It is a great deal of fun and still an honor to drive that historic course

Sent from my iPhone