GPF Update

Casey Creamer

Jul 10, 2020, 1:15:09 PM7/10/20
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers,

I have attached a press release that talks about the fact that we have decided to cancel the 2020 Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival.

Our committee had been working hard at coming up with some sort of viable alternatives to the regular festival. We had some great ideas for ways to safely have fun with cars. But in the end it came down to the fact that the safest thing to do for all concerned parties was to go ahead and cancel the 2020 Grand Prix Festival and look forward to the 2021 Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival.

An email has been sent to all registered 2020 participants that offers them 3 different options.

1.       Get a full refund.

2.       Roll your registration over to be signed up for 2021.

3.       (Preferred Method) Treat your 2020 registration fee as a tax-deductible donation to the festival that sorely needs funds to be able to survive this crisis.

Click here   http://grandprixfestival.com/donate.html  to make an easy donation.

An additional way to help us out is to go to   http://grandprixfestival.com/Merchandise1.html  and purchase some much needed Festival Merchandise.

What will the 2021 Featured Marque be? It might be Alfa Romeo, or it might be something else. It depends on a few variables. I will update you as soon as we know for sure.

As always, wear a mask and keep six feet away from the car ahead of you,

Casey

2020-07-10 GPFestival News Release.doc

Burnside, Toby L

Jul 10, 2020, 1:35:04 PM7/10/20
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, Burnside, Toby L

Not pleasant news but not all that unexpected.  We have already declared the weekend of September 10, 2021 as the Vintage weekend and we will absolutely see “the bridge” once again.

We have elected to have our fees rolled over to next year and we will somehow have to survive another winter of waiting and looking forward to seeing our Glen friends again.

Full speed ahead and “6” feet behind.

See you in 2021

Toby Burnside

First Student, Inc. 20058

575 Colfax St.

Rochester, NY 14606

Office: 585-647-9720

Cell: 585-314-7012

Fax: 585-458-2162

Email: Toby.b...@firstgroup.com

I have attached a press release that talks about the fact that we have decided to cancel the 2020 Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival.

Our committee had been working hard at coming up with some sort of viable alternatives to the regular festival. We had some great ideas for ways to safely have fun with cars. But in the end it came down to the fact that the safest thing to do for all concerned parties was to go ahead and cancel the 2020 Grand Prix Festival and look forward to the 2021 Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival.

An email has been sent to all registered 2020 participants that offers them 3 different options.

  1. Get a full refund.
  1. Roll your registration over to be signed up for 2021.
  1. (Preferred Method) Treat your 2020 registration fee as a tax-deductible donation to the festival that sorely needs funds to be able to survive this crisis.

Click here   http://grandprixfestival.com/donate.html  to make an easy donation.

An additional way to help us out is to go to   http://grandprixfestival.com/Merchandise1.html  and purchase some much needed Festival Merchandise.

What will the 2021 Featured Marque be? It might be Alfa Romeo, or it might be something else. It depends on a few variables. I will update you as soon as we know for sure.

As always, wear a mask and keep six feet away from the car ahead of you,

Casey

This email (and any attachment) is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete it. Reading, disclosing, copying or disseminating any portion of this transmission without authorization is prohibited. For more information on our range of services, please visit http://www.firstgroupplc.com

Claus Nussgruber

Jul 10, 2020, 1:35:28 PM7/10/20
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Casey,

a sad but obviously correct decision - until we learn that sometimes we need to stick together for society's benefit, the virus will continue to show us up.

I have responded that my fee can be used as a donation.

All of the best.
Claus

Susanne Johnson

Jul 10, 2020, 1:35:53 PM7/10/20
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info
Sorry I said I would do number two I actually meant number three to treat it as a donation.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 10, 2020, at 1:15 PM, Casey Creamer <ca...@senecasaw.com> wrote:

<2020-07-10 GPFestival News Release.doc>

Rick Rinefierd

Jul 10, 2020, 2:56:22 PM7/10/20
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear this news.
Please use our fee as a donation.
Thanks for all the work you folks do.

Rick and Kathy Rinefierd

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 10, 2020, at 1:35 PM, Susanne Johnson <susanne...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry I said I would do number two I actually meant number three to treat it as a donation.

Rob

Jul 11, 2020, 7:24:31 AM7/11/20
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info
Sad news indeed!! Looking forward to keeping up next year!
We have donated our registration fee. As Canadians our version of IRS will not allow it.
But what better cause?
Cheers
Rob Draper
<2020-07-10 GPFestival News Release.doc>

Casey Creamer

Jul 11, 2020, 7:49:13 AM7/11/20
to stonebrid...@googlegroups.com, SBD Info

Hello fellow Stone Bridge Drivers,

Thank you so much for your show of support for the Grand Prix Festival.

Now here is how to do it.

Whichever one of the options you choose, letting us Know via this google group is not a good way to get the job done.

To properly make you intentions known, you need to send an email to    prom...@gmail.com   or call Carole at 607-535-3003

Let her know your name, and which one of our Stone Bridge Driver events you were entered in, and which option you want. Don’t use an option number alone because the numbers on the email you got from her won’t match the numbers you got from me. Same options, different numbers.

And of course the Donation option is always the best, but whatever you choose is fine with us. Just make a choice.

Thanks,

Casey