My folder disappeared

Fred Bloem

Feb 8, 2010, 10:06:18 PM2/8/10
to StartAid
When I was organizing my bookmarks, I accidentally moved a category
over itself and it simply disappeared. When I tried to add back those
bookmarks, it said that the bookmarks already existed.

My user name is fbloem and the lost folder's name is "Alice's
Favorites"

What should I do in order to save the bookmarks? Thank you.

Kurtis Harper

Feb 8, 2010, 10:26:26 PM2/8/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
Did this just happen today?  I ask as I though I fixed this problem so it can not happen any more... if it is still an issue I will have to look further.

Kurtis

Fred Bloem

Feb 13, 2010, 6:17:43 PM2/13/10
to StartAid
This happened 3-4 weeks ago. I am still unable to see the folder.

When I try to add a bookmark that was in the Alice's Favorites folder
I get the following message:

"This bookmark already Exists in your account under the "Alice's
Favorites" folder"

Thank you for your continued help.

Kurtis Harper

Feb 13, 2010, 7:54:42 PM2/13/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You should now be able to see Alice's
Favorites in the root folder :)

Kurtis

Fred Bloem

Feb 14, 2010, 12:19:58 AM2/14/10
to StartAid
I do see "Alices Favorites" but this is not the same as "Alice's
Favorites". I created "Alices Favorites" after "Alice's Favorites" had
disappeared.

For example, if I try to add the link "https://
sitekey.bankofamerica.com/sas/signonScreen.do?state=MD" (a link that
is in "Alice's Favorites") I get the following error message:

"This bookmark already Exists in your account under the "Alice's

Favorites" folder".

So the "Alice's Favorites" folder is somewhere out there with
bookmarks that I cannot add to other folders.

Thank you for your help.

Kurtis Harper

Feb 14, 2010, 12:39:42 AM2/14/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
I did not see two of them at first.... I found the second folder and that should now also show in the root folder.

Kurtis

Fred Bloem

Feb 14, 2010, 1:18:46 AM2/14/10
to StartAid
This is puzzling. I do see two folders that are named "Alices
Favorites". One has 7 bookmarks but the other has none. Perhaps I
created a folder with this name twice after "Alice's Favorites"
disappeared?

When I try to add "https://sitekey.bankofamerica.com/sas/
signonScreen.do?state=MD" (a link that
is in "Alice's Favorites" I still get the following message.

"This bookmark already Exists in your account under the "Alice's
Favorites" folder".

So the "Alice's Favorites" folder is STILL somewhere out there with

bookmarks that I cannot add to other folders.

Thank you for your continued help.

Kurtis Harper

Feb 14, 2010, 8:47:02 AM2/14/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You actually had 3 folders with that name.   I moved the third one to the root as well. I did a account wide search for that folder name this time and there are no more, and that is the last one.

Looks like you must have lost it and just created new ones, for example here are the creation dates on the 3 folders
2009-02-27 11:45:01
2009-07-22 23:18:14
2010-01-28 23:02:41

Sorry for all the confusion, as when I did the search each time I just looked for the first one with that name in your account and fixed that one (not thinking to look for others).

What you can do now is move all the bookmarks into one folder and delete the then empty ones if you wish.

Sorry for all the confusion.

Kurtis

Fred Bloem

Feb 14, 2010, 10:14:49 AM2/14/10
to StartAid
Thanks, Kurtis. Everything is working well now.

Yours is one of the best FireFox add ins.

Have a great day!

Fred Bloem

Studio Svelte

Feb 24, 2010, 1:49:22 AM2/24/10
to StartAid
all is well. everything is work well

Mattai

Mar 17, 2010, 5:54:26 AM3/17/10
to StartAid

Hi There,

i stumbled in here, as I have the very same problem.
One day (i can't remember when) one of my folders disappeared.
As I thought that I may accidently have deleted it I was angry with
myself...
but today I tried to add one of the Folders webpages again and
recieved the very same failure message as above.
("Bookmark already exists in folder 'Architektur Büros' " although i
cannot find this folder anywhere).

Someone help me out?
Thanks,
Mat

Kurtis Harper

Mar 22, 2010, 12:29:44 PM3/22/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
If you go to startaid.com and log in with your username and password... do you see the bookmarks there?

Kurtis