scattered bookmarks, not in the order you place them!!!!!

James Parker

Mar 19, 2011, 12:18:45 PM3/19/11
to StartAid
i have book marks and i have over 20 in one folder, i could arange
them nicely up to about 10 they kept their order, now when i get a new
book mark and i move it under my 2nd top book mark, it moves them all
around and places it 4th or 5th below where i draged it

what is wrong??

Kurtis Harper

Mar 21, 2011, 12:03:30 PM3/21/11
to star...@googlegroups.com
You need to set the manual sort order (you may have it set to date/ Name etc but not manual)  It looks like a hand with a pointing finger on the webpage under the bookmarks.

James Parker

Mar 21, 2011, 1:02:06 PM3/21/11
to star...@googlegroups.com
thanks but still ahving trouble when moving them in mozilla firefox
--

Sincerely,

James Parker
GVSU Student
BrotherJ...@gmail.com

Dan Ginsburg

Mar 21, 2011, 12:05:26 PM3/21/11
to star...@googlegroups.com, Kurtis Harper
I'm having the same problem, despite using manual order...  There's some sort of glitch.  When you have a lot of bookmarks in a single folder and try to manually sort one, there are certain positions it won't accept and it will always jump further down the list than your dropped it.

James Parker

Mar 21, 2011, 1:44:12 PM3/21/11
to star...@googlegroups.com
i know.....

someone at startaid please update and help out!

Kurtis Harper

Mar 21, 2011, 1:58:21 PM3/21/11
to star...@googlegroups.com
I have not been able to replicate the problem.  Are you guys dropping the bookmark "between" another bookmark (red highlight should appear between bookmarks) or are you trying to drop it on top of another bookmark (yellowish-brown highlight)?

You should drop between with the red highlight to move a bookmark.

Kurtis.

Let me know please :)

Dan Ginsburg

Mar 21, 2011, 2:03:46 PM3/21/11
to star...@googlegroups.com
I'm dropping between bookmarks with the red highlight using Firefox (under Online Bookmarks > Organize Online Bookmarks...).  When I drop, nothing happens for a second or two and then the bookmark will move, usually to where I've dropped it... but when it's a folder with a lot of bookmarks, sometimes it will jump to somewhere else instead.  There are certain positions in which it won't let me place them.

James Parker

Mar 21, 2011, 2:03:25 PM3/21/11
to star...@googlegroups.com
i dont see any highlight...

Kurtis Harper

Mar 21, 2011, 2:07:21 PM3/21/11
to star...@googlegroups.com
Ahhh,

There is no manual sorting in the Firefox extension, only the website at this time.  If you are trying to change the order in the extension it will not work :(

Kurtis

James Parker

Mar 21, 2011, 2:25:24 PM3/21/11
to star...@googlegroups.com
is there an announcement page on the website to tell what changes have been made and what up coming changes the programmers are looking to make?

this would be useful

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 2:09 PM, James Parker <brotherj...@gmail.com> wrote:
awww..

James Parker

Mar 21, 2011, 2:09:06 PM3/21/11
to star...@googlegroups.com
awww..

Dan Ginsburg

Mar 21, 2011, 3:14:13 PM3/21/11
to star...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, I'm able to change the sorting order in the extension with no problem about 90% of the time.  The only time it creates issues is in folders with a lot (maybe 20 or more) bookmarks.  But the feature definitely does at least exist in the extension, as I've used it successfully many times.