I can no longer instal the StartAid add-on for Firefox. Any ideas?

Wilf

Apr 16, 2011, 1:54:23 PM4/16/11
to StartAid

I have had problems with StartAid since I upgraded to Firefox 4.
I quickly found that I could not instal StartAid after my upgrade. I
have seen in the posts that the latest version should work, but I get
an error message every time.
I have since rolled back Firefox to 3.6 and then 3.5 and I can no
longer get it to work with these either.
I have also tried older versions of startaid (that should be
compatible with these versions of firefox)

I get the following error :-

"Firefox could not instal the file at
http://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/latest/4496/addon-4496-latest.xpi?src=search

because:Unexpected intallation error
Review the Error Console Log for more details.
-203"

Does anyone have any ideas why this is? Is StartAid working for
Firefox 4 in general? Am I doing something stupid?

Any help appreciated
Wilf

Kurtis Harper

Apr 16, 2011, 5:30:31 PM4/16/11
to star...@googlegroups.com
I never seen that error before, can you post the error you get in the Error Console.

Kurtis

Wilf

Apr 26, 2011, 8:21:27 PM4/26/11
to StartAid
I don't know where to find that actually.

Wilf

Kurtis

Apr 27, 2011, 12:21:00 PM4/27/11
to StartAid
Hi,

If you are back to using FF3, please reinstall the 1.4.5 plugin here

https://addons.mozilla.org/af/firefox/addon/online-bookmark-manager-starta/versions/

1.4.6 does not work with FF3, that is why you have you use 1.4.5

Kurtis