password weirdness: StartAid home page vs. Firefox add-on

sundera79

Mar 30, 2011, 5:19:43 PM3/30/11
to StartAid
I had been using StartAid by means of the Firefox add-on with no
problems. Then I decided to change my StartAid password to something a
bit more secure. I successfully changed the password, but began having
trouble getting the new password to work when I tried to sign in via
the add-on. Bluntly, the new password doesn't work unless I'm already
signed into StartAid via startaid.com. Even then, after I've signed
into StartAid itself, it still takes multiple attempts to sign into
the add-on. It usually works by the fifth attempt. Then I can navigate
away from the StartAid site and just use the add-on. Needless to say,
this is tedious.

I've tried the standard fixes: I've uninstalled and reinstalled the
add-on and checked to make sure the browser is allowing StartAid
cookies. Please advise.

SunderA79

Kurtis Harper

Mar 30, 2011, 6:42:37 PM3/30/11
to star...@googlegroups.com
The plugin shares the Startaid.com cookie.  If you log into startaid.com and exit your browser and reopen you browser and go back to startaid.com.... are you still logged in to the website?

Kurtis