StartAid Bookmarks not working

evets

Nov 28, 2010, 2:58:48 AM11/28/10
to StartAid
Since November 15 I have not been able to use the bookmarks. I have
been trying to refresh but everything appears to be dead. This is a
great product when it is working.

It was down the first week in November because of a "run away script".
I don't know what is causing it now, but it will not refresh or start
up.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Kurtis Harper

Dec 2, 2010, 11:09:10 AM12/2/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
If you go to the website. www.startaid.com do you see them there when you are logged in with firefox?

Steve Purcell

Dec 3, 2010, 10:07:13 AM12/3/10
to star...@googlegroups.com

Yes, I can see the bookmarks at the website. I have been clicking on them and using them online. At least I can get to my bookmarks.

Steve Purcell   -   ste...@golfoutfitters.biz

Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 12:09:10 -0400
Subject: Re: StartAid Bookmarks not working
From: kha...@gmail.com
To: star...@googlegroups.com

Kurtis

Dec 3, 2010, 10:19:30 AM12/3/10
to StartAid
Your startaid cookie may be corrupt.

In firefox go to Tools>options>Privacy> Select remove individual
cookies and delete
all Startaid cookies from firefox.

Then close all firefox windows and then open a new firefox window and
relog into the plugin. That should take care of it for you.

Kurtis

On Dec 3, 11:07 am, Steve Purcell <steve-golfoutfit...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Yes, I can see the bookmarks at the website. I have been clicking on them and using them online. At least I can get to my bookmarks.
>
> Steve Purcell   -   ste...@golfoutfitters.biz
>
> Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 12:09:10 -0400
> Subject: Re: StartAid Bookmarks not working
> From: khar...@gmail.com
> To: star...@googlegroups.com
>
> If you go to the website.www.startaid.comdo you see them there when you are logged in with firefox?
>
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 3:58 AM, evets <evetspue...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Since November 15 I have not been able to use the bookmarks. I have
>
> been trying to refresh but everything appears to be dead. This is a
>
> great product when it is working.
>
> It was down the first week in November because of a "run away script".
>
> I don't know what is causing it now, but it will not refresh or start
>
> up.
>
> Anyone have some suggestions?

Steve Purcell

Dec 3, 2010, 5:20:30 PM12/3/10
to star...@googlegroups.com

Steve Purcell

Dec 3, 2010, 5:29:33 PM12/3/10
to star...@googlegroups.com

Kurtis:

That was a good thought, however, deleting the Startaid cookie did not work. I deleted it, closed Firfox, started it up and logged into Startaid and still saw nothing. I tried to refresh a couple of times, logged out, logged in, refreshed and nothing worked.  Do you have another idea?

Steve Purcell   -   ste...@golfoutfitters.biz

> Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 07:19:30 -0800

> Subject: Re: StartAid Bookmarks not working

Kurtis

Dec 3, 2010, 6:12:21 PM12/3/10
to StartAid
Perhaps it is account specific and one of your bookmarks has a strange
charcer in it corrupting the feed to your plugin... What is you
account username? I will take a look at it.

On Dec 3, 6:29 pm, Steve Purcell <steve-golfoutfit...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Kurtis:
>
> That was a good thought, however, deleting the Startaid cookie did not work. I deleted it, closed Firfox, started it up and logged into Startaid and still saw nothing. I tried to refresh a couple of times, logged out, logged in, refreshed and nothing worked.  Do you have another idea?
>
> Steve Purcell   -   ste...@golfoutfitters.biz
>
> > Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 07:19:30 -0800
> > Subject: Re: StartAid Bookmarks not working
> > From: khar...@gmail.com
> > To: star...@googlegroups.com
>
> > Your startaid cookie may be corrupt.
>
> > In firefox go to Tools>options>Privacy> Select remove individual
> > cookies and delete
> > all Startaid cookies from firefox.
>
> > Then close all firefox windows and then open a new firefox window and
> > relog into the plugin.  That should take care of it for you.
>
> > Kurtis
>
> > On Dec 3, 11:07 am, Steve Purcell <steve-golfoutfit...@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Yes, I can see the bookmarks at the website. I have been clicking on them and using them online. At least I can get to my bookmarks.
>
> > > Steve Purcell   -   ste...@golfoutfitters.biz
>
> > > Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 12:09:10 -0400
> > > Subject: Re: StartAid Bookmarks not working
> > > From: khar...@gmail.com
> > > To: star...@googlegroups.com
>
> > > If you go to the website.www.startaid.comdoyou see them there when you are logged in with firefox?

Steve Purcell

Dec 3, 2010, 9:29:04 PM12/3/10
to star...@googlegroups.com

Account username is       stev...@yahoo.com

Steve Purcell   -   ste...@golfoutfitters.biz

> Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 15:12:21 -0800
> Subject: Re: StartAid Bookmarks Still not working
> From: kha...@gmail.com
> To: star...@googlegroups.com

Kurtis Harper

Dec 8, 2010, 12:45:33 PM12/8/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
Found the problem, it should work for you now :)

You have a bad bookmark url (not a real url) that was breaking your feed.  I put in code to buypass this breaking your feed, but the bookmark is still not legit and will need to be fixed if you want to visit that site.

That bad bookmark was listed as this.

http://www.petfooddirecRoyal Canin Breed Health German Shepherd (24) Dry Dog Food | PetFoodDirect.comt.com/product/300/Royal-Canin-Breed-Health-German-Shepherd-(24)-Dry-Dog-Food#utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=cse

As you can see it has spaces, ()' | etc in the url, none of these are in a real domain name.   Looks like something was copied and pasted into the middle of a real url.

Kurtis

Steve Purcell

Dec 8, 2010, 12:50:01 PM12/8/10
to star...@googlegroups.com

Kurtis:

Thank you very much. I deleted the bad url and it now works.

Thank you, it is good to have the bookmarks back.

Steve Purcell   -   ste...@golfoutfitters.biz

Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 13:45:33 -0400

Kurtis Harper

Dec 8, 2010, 12:53:07 PM12/8/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
No Problem,

Thanks for your patience an reporting the problem to me :)

Kurtis