workaround when server is slow

Ben Moser

Oct 28, 2010, 6:41:19 PM10/28/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
I found this to be an easy work-around if all you use Start Aid for is book marks like I do:

In firefox, local bookmarks, manage bookmarks, and make sure you have deleted all your local ones (save them first, if necessary).

In Start Aid web page, choose to export the book marks as HTML.

In firefox bookmarks, import this file as HTML.  Then you have a local copy of your book marks.

It would be cool if Start Aid could do something like this authomatically (i.e. only talk to server when the user has edited his bookmarks.)