StartAid Sidebar is not working

Jack O'Neill

Nov 25, 2013, 2:03:57 AM11/25/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kurtis,

since few weeks. when I try to login the StratAid-Sidebar on firefox (25) the login failed! Don't know why! (But I can log in StartAid on firefox on StartAid Homepage-> but nevertheless I CAN'T use the Sidebar! and thats not good, cause I always use StartAid from the sidebar!)
Do you hav any solutions?

ThanXX in advance
Jack

Kurtis Harper

Nov 25, 2013, 8:14:49 AM11/25/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jack,

Does your bookmarks show in the top Menu "online bookmarks" in Firefox?

You may have a corrupt bookmark stopping the plugin from rendering, can you email me your username only and I will take a look at your account?

Kurtis

Jack O'Neill

Nov 25, 2013, 12:07:07 PM11/25/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kurtis,

the bookmarks would be shown on firefox if I go to the TOP-MENU "Online Bookmarks" and klick the sub-Menu "StartAid Homepage". But the bookmarks wouldn't be shown in the sidebar!
Now I tried the older StartAid Versione 1.4.6. together with the older Firefox 22 but the same result... I'm helpless.
My Username is "JackONeill"

Regards & ThanXX in Advance
Jack
.

Kurtis Harper

Nov 25, 2013, 1:25:41 PM11/25/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Your toolbar should not work (please try reloading).

There was about 20 invalid URL's in your account corrupting your feed.  Things such as spaces in a url name and urls with no actual domain.

Please let me know if it works for you now.

Kurtis

Jack O'Neill

Nov 25, 2013, 2:27:22 PM11/25/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
Hej Hej Hej Kurtis-> U're realy great!!! it works!!!

Big ThanXXX 2U  & a wonderful christmas time 2U!!
Jack

Jack O'Neill

Nov 25, 2013, 2:29:53 PM11/25/13
to star...@googlegroups.com

Am Montag, 25. November 2013 20:27:22 UTC+1 schrieb Jack O'Neill:
Hej Hej Hej Kurtis-> U're realy great!!! it works!!!
Is there a tool/ program U have & U could recommand me for "speed-checking" invalid URL's in "StartAid"???

Kurtis Harper

Nov 25, 2013, 2:38:34 PM11/25/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
I wish there was as I had to manually check each one of your links.  A tool would have made it a lot easier.

It is safe to say that if you are on a webpage it will work fine if you bookmark it.  You can not do things such put a space in the middle of a Link or use non alpha numeric characters. :)

For example :
VALID - http://www.google.com/someatuff/784732974238498239874

Not Valid - http://       www.google        .com
or - http://www.google.com/someatuff/¶¶¶¶

Jack O'Neill

Nov 25, 2013, 7:14:27 PM11/25/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
so have many ThanXX for your big efforts! know, it's a bloody damn job to chek manually all my links....grrrr ;o)))
But it must be an automatically mistake not by my hands-> always I save the links with the "Quick-link"-button at the TOP into the Quicklink-Folder-> later I edit the links and sort them in to seperate folders with changing the "categories"-> never I do anything or "play" with the URL's...
WHATEVER-> : You're great! ThanXX

Jack

Jack O'Neill

Nov 30, 2013, 8:40:00 AM11/30/13
to star...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kurtis,

today: I have the same prob again!
The curious thing is: since U help me out some days ago -> I bookmarked NO ONE! But now I can't Log In the sidebar again ;o(((
Could U please help me again???

Big ThanXX in advance!
Jack

Kurtis Harper

Nov 30, 2013, 1:14:49 PM11/30/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jack,

I tested your account at it seems to be working ok.  This is good news as it may just be a cookie problem with your browser.

- Can you open your firefox and go to the menu - Tools>Options>Privacy Tab>Clear You Recent History>(Put a check mark in "Cookies" and "Cache")>Clean Now Button

- Then close all your firefox browsers

- Open a new Firefox Browser and go to www.startaid.com and log in (Make sure you check "Remember Password")

- Now take a look at the Online bookmarks menu, can you see you bookmarks now?

Kurtis

Jack O'Neill

Nov 30, 2013, 6:26:50 PM11/30/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
yep! it works! Many many thanXX again- U are my hero Kurtis!!!

all the best 2U!
Jack

Kurtis Harper

Nov 30, 2013, 7:37:56 PM11/30/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
Glad to help :)

Stefan Prodinger

Dec 11, 2013, 6:44:09 AM12/11/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
hi, startaid side bar is not loging in since firefox 24 or so. log in on startaif website works however saying that there are no bookmarks in this account while showing them at same time. my account "regnidorp"

Stefan Prodinger

Dec 12, 2013, 5:03:55 AM12/12/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
hi kurtis,
startaid sidebar is not loading since firefox 24 or so. could you take a look into my account? regnidorp
thanxx

Kurtis Harper

Dec 16, 2013, 9:08:20 PM12/16/13
to star...@googlegroups.com
Does the main online bookmarks menu work for you?

Stefan Prodinger

Jan 7, 2014, 5:04:39 AM1/7/14
to star...@googlegroups.com
 entering my account on startaid homepage works, but startaid sidebar is not loading. it says: loading startaid data....

Kurtis Harper

Jan 7, 2014, 8:37:20 AM1/7/14
to star...@googlegroups.com
Can you open Firefox and go to tools>options>remove cookies and delete all startaid.com cookies.

Now close all your Firefox windows, open firefox and got to startaid.com and log in (remembering your password).

Now if you close your browser and reopen it, it should work.

Kurtis

Stefan Prodinger

Feb 8, 2014, 12:20:06 PM2/8/14
to star...@googlegroups.com
i did as you recommended, but it still does not work. i get a  window (javascript-anwendung) telling that log in failed.

Stefan Prodinger

Feb 25, 2014, 12:36:20 PM2/25/14
to star...@googlegroups.com
i did as you recommended, but it still does not work. i get a  window (javascript-anwendung) telling that log in failed.

Kurtis Harper

Feb 25, 2014, 1:24:33 PM2/25/14
to star...@googlegroups.com
If you go to www.startaid.com are you automatically logged in and able
to see your bookmarks?

Kurtis

On 2/25/14, Stefan Prodinger <prodinge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i did as you recommended, but it still does not work. i get a window
> (javascript-anwendung) telling that log in failed.
>

> Am Samstag, 8. Februar 2014 18:20:06 UTC+1 schrieb Stefan Prodinger:
>>
>> i did as you recommended, but it still does not work. i get a window
>> (javascript-anwendung) telling that log in failed.
>>

>> Am Dienstag, 7. Januar 2014 14:37:20 UTC+1 schrieb Kurtis Harper:
>>>
>>> Can you open Firefox and go to tools>options>remove cookies and delete
>>> all startaid.com cookies.
>>>
>>> Now close all your Firefox windows, open firefox and got to
>>> startaid.comand log in (remembering your password).

Stefan Prodinger

Feb 27, 2014, 11:22:46 AM2/27/14
to star...@googlegroups.com
under  quick link it says "Sorry ! You don't have any Bookmarks in your account for this category" but on the left side i can see my bookmarks. i cannot log in on the sidebar.

Kurtis Harper

Feb 27, 2014, 12:10:25 PM2/27/14
to star...@googlegroups.com
What happens when you open a browser and go to the main website of
www.startaid.com

Are you automatically logged in and show your bookmarks on the website?

On 2/27/14, Stefan Prodinger <prodinge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> under quick link it says "Sorry ! You don't have any Bookmarks in your
> account for this category" but on the left side i can see my bookmarks. i
> cannot log in on the sidebar.
>
> Am Dienstag, 25. Februar 2014 19:24:33 UTC+1 schrieb Kurtis Harper:
>>
>> If you go to www.startaid.com are you automatically logged in and able
>> to see your bookmarks?
>>
>> Kurtis
>>
>> > email to startaid+u...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
>> > To post to this group, send email to
>> > star...@googlegroups.com<javascript:>.

Stefan Prodinger

Feb 28, 2014, 9:20:27 AM2/28/14
to star...@googlegroups.com
then i am automatically logged in to my bookmarks with the message quoted before

Kurtis Harper

Feb 28, 2014, 2:19:42 PM2/28/14
to star...@googlegroups.com
can you email me just your username and I will take a look at your account.

Stefan Prodinger

Mar 1, 2014, 12:49:48 PM3/1/14
to star...@googlegroups.com
regnidorp is my username

Kurtis Harper

Mar 2, 2014, 7:26:00 PM3/2/14
to star...@googlegroups.com
There was some corrupt URL's in your account.  Try now.

Kurtis

Stefan Prodinger

Mar 4, 2014, 11:26:31 AM3/4/14
to star...@googlegroups.com
i tried again but it is still not working

Stefan Prodinger

Mar 11, 2014, 7:16:34 AM3/11/14
to star...@googlegroups.com

i made a reset for firefox and now it works