Trying to access bookmarks

Melissa Kramer

Nov 1, 2010, 2:48:23 PM11/1/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
Once again I'm trying to access my StartAid bookmarks and it just times out with the error:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/startaid/public_html/includes/config/conf.php on

This is happening on both my home computer and my work computer.

Kurtis Harper

Nov 7, 2010, 8:02:45 PM11/7/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
Do you see this error all the time?

I have never seen this one before, can you reproduce it at any time?  I need to reproduce it in order to track down what may be wrong.
Kurtis

Melissa Kramer

Nov 7, 2010, 10:37:55 PM11/7/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
I see it alot but can't reproduce it.  I haven't had any trouble since I sent that to you.

Steve Purcell

Nov 8, 2010, 10:30:34 AM11/8/10
to star...@googlegroups.com

Hello Kurtis,

I could reproduce the error every time I used a bookmark through StartAid. I was getting that error for two days. I could not use the StartAid bookmarks during that time. A day after I sent you the email all the errors stopped. I have not had any problem since then. I would guess that you updated the StartAid Bookmarks and that cleared up the problem. Just a guess.

You have a good product, but your communication time is a bit long. Thank you for responding and for your product.

Steve Purcell   -   ste...@golfoutfitters.biz

Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 21:02:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Trying to access bookmarks
From: kha...@gmail.com
To: star...@googlegroups.com

Kurtis Harper

Nov 8, 2010, 10:42:47 AM11/8/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
I had a run away script that was using up a lot of resources... I disabled the culprit and it seems to be running much better now.

As for the response.  Yeah I can agree with you, this is a hobby for me, and I get a lot of spam (99% of the posts in this forum are spam).  So lately I have not been filtering them every day as there are hundreds of messages.

Sorry about the delay

Steve Purcell

Nov 8, 2010, 12:11:27 PM11/8/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
I can totally understand about hobbies. I string racquets and make golf clubs and it seems to be a great hobby that takes a lot of time, but you don't make much money. I once made my living as a programmer many years ago. I have been wondering why in the world would people like you make these applications for free? Do you make any money on them at all? Or is there another way you make money or is it the satisfaction of producing a great product?

BTW, yes you took a long time to respond. I was not meaning that is a bad way and thought you were doing this as a hobby. I only meant if you would have responded sooner you would have had a better chance of finding the bug or problem. You have a great product.

Steve Purcell   -   ste...@golfoutfitters.biz

Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:42:47 -0400

Kurtis Harper

Nov 8, 2010, 12:24:48 PM11/8/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
Thanks :)

I understand where you are coming from and I thank you for trying to assist.  :)

Kurtis