Where has it gone

c collins

Oct 7, 2010, 2:35:34 AM10/7/10
to StartAid
I can't get to the homepage. The site doesn't seem to be working.
Anybody know what happened??

Kurtis

Oct 7, 2010, 10:55:44 AM10/7/10
to StartAid
Moving to a new server... it did not go well, but we have all the data
intact and are in the process of rebuilding on the new servers. Hope
to be up later today.

Kurtis

cheryl collins

Oct 7, 2010, 11:03:45 AM10/7/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I was afraid I'd lost you. I love the site.

Melissa Kramer

Oct 7, 2010, 11:10:32 AM10/7/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
It would have been nice to know you were moving servers BEFORE this so we could do a backup of our bookmarks.  I can't get to anything now.

Kurtis

Oct 7, 2010, 11:22:07 AM10/7/10
to StartAid
Melissa Kramer,
I understand, but we do not have a process in place to notify everyone
(other then these forums and people do not come to them often).

The plan was for this to be seamless, but that did not happen due to a
issue on the server.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kurtis

On Oct 7, 12:10 pm, Melissa Kramer <frogribbi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would have been nice to know you were moving servers BEFORE this so we
> could do a backup of our bookmarks.  I can't get to anything now.
>
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Kurtis <khar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Moving to a new server... it did not go well, but we have all the data
> > intact and are in the process of rebuilding on the new servers.  Hope
> > to be up later today.
>
> > Kurtis
>
> > On Oct 7, 3:35 am, c collins <ccollins...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I can't get to the homepage. The site doesn't seem to be working.
> > > Anybody know what happened??
>
> > --
> > .

Melissa Kramer

Oct 7, 2010, 11:25:02 AM10/7/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
As a computer programmer I know nothing is ever seamless when it comes to technology - LOL

Melissa Kramer

Oct 28, 2010, 3:47:16 PM10/28/10
to star...@googlegroups.com

Can you tell me why the Startaid service is so sporadic & slow?  Every time I try to access my links it takes FOREVER!  It beyond frustrating and makes it tough to get any work done.

Kurtis Harper

Oct 28, 2010, 3:54:50 PM10/28/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
Is it time of day for you or is it all the time?  It may help us track it down with specific detail :)

Kurtis

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Melissa Kramer <frogri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you tell me why the Startaid service is so sporadic & slow?  Every time I try to access my links it takes FOREVER!  It beyond frustrating and makes it tough to get any work done.

Melissa Kramer

Oct 28, 2010, 4:14:17 PM10/28/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
It can happen first thing in the morning or any time.  It was hanging up terrible about 15-30 minutes ago.   This is the error that displays:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/startaid/public_html/includes/config/conf.php on line 97

Kurtis Harper

Oct 28, 2010, 10:01:38 PM10/28/10
to star...@googlegroups.com
Can other report if they are seeing the same issue?