using reg season data for playoff queries

dean.on...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2022, 11:27:35 AMFeb 2
to SportsDataBase
Hi,

Is there a way to reference only reg season data (i.e. playoffs=0) for a playoff query?

i.e.
date, team, points, o:team, o:points, (ats margin>0) as 'ATS'@playoffs=1 and A(W)<oA(W) and A(touchdowns) < oA(touchdowns)

have a couple of similar queries where it looks like the data is including the playoff data. I would like  A(W) and A(touchdowns) to only apply to playoffs=0

Thanks,

Gambrinus

Feb 2, 2022, 6:12:15 PMFeb 2
to SportsDataBase
I'm not sure I understand because you asked and answered your own question.

To see home teams in the playoffs this year see below. All are the same, it's just the SDQL preference.
  • H and PO and season=2021
  • H and PO=1 and season=2021
  • H and playoffs and season=2021
  • H and playoffs=1 and season=2021
  • H and not REG and season=2021
There's more, but you get the idea.

To see home teams in the regular season:
  • H and REG and season=2021
  • H and REG=1 and season=2021
  • H and PO=0
  • H and playoffs=0
  • H and not PO and season=2021
  • H and not PO=1 and season=2021
  • H and not playoffs and season=2021
  • H and note playoffs=1 and season=2021
  • H and not REG and season=2021

dean.on...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2022, 11:52:06 PMFeb 2
to SportsDataBase
Thanks Gambrinus. I  guess easier to put the Translation. Here’s what I’m looking to query:

To see a team’s record in the playoffs if they had more regular season touchdowns than their playoff opponent.

Joe Meyer

Feb 4, 2022, 11:02:38 AMFeb 4
to SportsDataBase
Dean and SDQL Friends,

To see a team’s record in the playoffs if they had more regular season touchdowns than their playoff opponent, use the SDQL:

S(Po>o:Po),S(Po<o:Po)@Pof=1 and tS(Tds@Pof=0) > oS(Tds@Pof=0)

https://s3.sportsdatabase.com/NFL/query.html?sdql=S%28Po%3Eo%3APo%29%2CS%28Po%3Co%3APo%29%40Pof%3D1+and+tS%28Tds%40Pof%3D0%29+%3E+oS%28Tds%40Pof%3D0%29&submit=++S+D+Q+L+%21++

Note the use of the CamelCaseExpansion:
Po => points
Pof => playoffs
Tds => touchdowns

Best regards,

Joe Meyer
Sports Database LLC

dean.on...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2022, 12:02:47 AMFeb 5
to SportsDataBase
Thanks Joe. This works :). Appreciate it. Didn't know you can use multiple '@' within the query. Nice.

Dogbite Williams

Feb 6, 2022, 3:03:00 AMFeb 6
to SportsDataBase
Thank you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sportsdatabase/8f7475a1-6edb-4c7d-acad-59c77cf3714fn%40googlegroups.com
.

davey...@yahoo.com

Feb 8, 2022, 1:44:03 PMFeb 8
to SportsDataBase
What is the web address for the new SDQL database? Can't seem to remember the address? Thanks.
Message has been deleted