NFL win/loss and streak data not updating

wes...@colorado.edu

Sep 25, 2021, 5:52:20 AM9/25/21
to SportsDataBase

affected fields: wins, losses, streak, ats streak, ou streak

We have streak data for prior weeks, but week 3 returns 0 or None for all teams I checked.

Disregard if this is a known issue, and please let me know if you need any more information.

Kind Regards,

Andrew

wes...@colorado.edu

Sep 28, 2021, 7:35:31 PM9/28/21
to SportsDataBase
Here is another example for this upcoming week (4). Without rest, streak, or win/loss data, users are unable to find the current value and then programmatically query the API again to see how a team has performed with rest=x.

i.e. I want to get the rest for the team's current matchup, and then query again to see how the team has done in the past with that amount of rest.

Please let me know if this is a known issue.

Kind Regards,

Andrew

mrpi...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2021, 10:04:10 PM9/28/21
to SportsDataBase
season, o:team, wins, losses, points, o:points, line, rest @ team=Saints and week=4 and season>=2010

Not sure what you're looking for as I'm very green on this SPQL3 but maybe this heps?

wes...@colorado.edu

Sep 29, 2021, 3:24:01 PM9/29/21
to SportsDataBase

Hi Mr. pi,

that query you posted definitely exemplifies the issue.

All of the values for week 4 of this current year are 0 or null. I don't see why we can't have rest, wins, losses, or streak data for a current week until after the game is played.

Thanks for responding,

Andrew

wes...@colorado.edu

Oct 5, 2021, 2:53:16 AM10/5/21
to SportsDataBase
I am still seeing this issue. For some of these fields, it doesn't seem like it would be a super complicated fix.

If you are using the Python-Django framework, make Rest a calculated value where Rest = next_game_date - previous_game_date.

I don't mind helping if you want to give me access to the Github repo.

mrpi...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2021, 8:14:26 AM10/6/21
to SportsDataBase
maybe this helps??  link

wes...@colorado.edu

Oct 6, 2021, 1:49:33 PM10/6/21
to SportsDataBase
Hi Mr. Pi...,

I am not seeing data for week 5, which is the fundamental issue.

Rest, streak, ats streak, and ou streak should all be fields which are available for upcoming weeks and not just past weeks.

Thank you,

Andrew