is there any manual for S3.sportsdatabase?

Chad Kim

Oct 23, 2021, 7:18:16 AM10/23/21
to SportsDataBase
is there any manual for S3.sportsdatabase?

OffshoreInsiders.com

Oct 23, 2021, 10:10:10 AM10/23/21
to SportsDataBase

Chad Kim

Oct 23, 2021, 10:21:03 PM10/23/21
to SportsDataBase

I would like to see any sample for NBA/MLB/NFL/CFB.

I tried some of old query on s3.sportsdatabase.com but it won't work.

Maybe it has changed some..

2021년 10월 23일 토요일 오전 9시 10분 10초 UTC-5에 OffshoreInsiders.com님이 작성:

Andrew Roupas

Oct 24, 2021, 4:40:38 PM10/24/21
to sportsd...@googlegroups.com
It is a completely different format of coding language than the prior database, therefore any past format of queries from the old database will not work on the new s3.... Hope this helps..

Paul Sampugnaro

Oct 24, 2021, 7:33:07 PM10/24/21
to sportsd...@googlegroups.com
I would really like to ask what was the purpose of changing the SDQL. I don't see why. Personally I don't know what's in Joe's mind when he could have sold it and I think I heard about a rumor that he did and if so why is it changed. A couple of fixes like using one closing line from one book and a couple of others fixes and this would have remain a great tool for information in sports. IDK good luck as for trusting at this point not so much.

Chad Kim

Nov 20, 2021, 11:26:49 AM11/20/21
to SportsDataBase
I previously purchased sportsdatabase query.. now it is useless.
I would like to understand to translate old coding to new coding at new s3.

Any help on this?

Thank you.

2021년 10월 24일 일요일 오후 6시 33분 7초 UTC-5에 Bklyn님이 작성:

Joe Meyer

Nov 21, 2021, 7:26:02 AM11/21/21
to SportsDataBase
Chad Kim and SDQL Freinds,

the SDQL3 is backwards compatible with SDQL2.

A point of confusion for some is that the query boxes at sportsdatabase.com no longer provide default fields.
The reason for that is that sportsdatabase is now concentrating on providing excellent SDQL API access and leaving the nice user interface part to other sites.

That is, while previously you could just type in SDQL conditions and rely on nice default fields, sportsdatabase.com now requires the full sdql format: FIELDS @ CONDITIONS.

For example, to see the win-loss record of all teams in 2020, you can use the SDQL:
S(W),S(L) @ team and season=2020

In this case the FIELDS are "S(W),S(L)" and the CONDITIONS are "team and season=2020"

Note that frontend SDQL sites, such as http://gimmethedog.com, do provide nice default fields.

Best regards

Joe Meyer
Sport Database LLC

A B

Nov 24, 2021, 12:58:35 PM11/24/21
to SportsDataBase
The FIELDS @ CONDITIONS format makes sense.
Just wondering though, can arithmatic calculations be done at all on the FIELDS side?

For example, from your example, can we also show win percent, units won/lost, standard score, etc
eg. S(W),S(L),S(W)/(S(W)+S(L)) as SU%@ team and season=2020

Returns the correct sums for S(W) and for S(L); however in the win percent formula field, there are many results returned instead of one per team figure.

I understand that we can just do .... , A(W) ,
to get 'SU win percentage' , but am wondering if more complex formulas can be done using more than 1 summative in FIELDS ?

Thanks!

Joe Meyer

Nov 24, 2021, 1:03:35 PM11/24/21
to sportsdatabase
SDQL Friends,

For the difference between SDQL 'Aggregators' and 'Running Aggregators', please see the manual page at:

best regards,

Joe Meyer