NCAA BB Variable Suggestion....

johnh...@hotmail.com

Nov 17, 2023, 3:44:36 PM11/17/23
to SportsDataBase
I know this may sound crazy and I do not want to sound like I'm not appreciative of the work that's gone into the NCAA BB database because I am very appreciative. It looks lie it's come a long way and kudos to those who have worked on it! I just had a thought about a possible variable that might somehow be considered to be added to the database. Ken Pomeroy has meticulous records going back to 1999. I just had a thought maybe there was some way to add the Kenpom ranking for each team at the time a game took place? Not even sure if KP would even appreciate having his work added to the SDQL database?? But I think it sure would be cool if it was! For example, tonight my Kentucky Wildcats play host to Stonehill and are -37.5 favs. Stonehill is currently rated #349 in the KP rankings. I was curious to see how John Calipari's teams has done vs. teams rated 300+ in the KP rankings. I went through each season since 2009 for Kentucky it looks like they have played 9 times vs. teams rated by KP 300+....5 times my Cats won by >40pts.  4 times they won by <40pts. Would have been neat to see some other situations added to these games using SDQL. Just some random thoughts...

Joe Meyer

Dec 1, 2023, 6:45:37 PM12/1/23
to sportsd...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

please consider adding parameters using the SDQL API at:

Peer-to-peer data make SDQL powerful.

Best regards,

Joe Meyer
Eyeball Communications LLC

On Fri, Nov 17, 2023 at 12:44 PM johnh...@hotmail.com <johnh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
[...]

jhammo...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2023, 1:16:24 PM12/22/23
to SportsDataBase
I do not know how to add data...where does one begin to learn?