MLB query using starting pitcher's previous game

JT

Apr 20, 2022, 5:21:42 PM4/20/22
to SportsDataBase
I'm trying to figure out how to query results based on the starting pitcher's previous performance. For example:

Games in which Gerrit Cole is starting, where in Cole's previous start he pitched at least 6 strikeouts

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gambrinus

Apr 20, 2022, 6:19:37 PM4/20/22
to SportsDataBase

JT

Apr 20, 2022, 6:53:32 PM4/20/22
to SportsDataBase
I checked a couple of the individual game results and it didn't seem to work, unless there's something I'm missing. For example, it returned the game on 9/14/21 for Cole, but his previous start was on 9/7 and he only had 2 strike outs.

Joe Meyer

Apr 21, 2022, 11:23:10 AM4/21/22
to sportsdatabase
To get at the starter's stats in his previous start, use the parameter prefix `s`

best regards,

Joe Meyer
Sports Database LLC

Gambrinus

Apr 21, 2022, 12:21:49 PM4/21/22
to SportsDataBase
Yup, it's still early in the MLB season, and I'm still rusty. This is correct.
  • starter='Gerrit Cole' and Starter:max:s:strike outs thrown>6

JT

Apr 21, 2022, 4:00:42 PM4/21/22
to SportsDataBase
Great, thank you!