Visualization help

Griffin Herron

May 23, 2023, 4:16:59 PM5/23/23
to SportsDataBase
Hey guys,

Just started using SDQL about a week ago and have fallen in love. I am interested in making visualization plots but am not sure how to produce them. I used the NFL query:

season, A(margin) @ site = home

in order to look at the impact of HFA over the years, but I am not sure how to turn this data into a graphic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joe Meyer

May 23, 2023, 6:24:59 PM5/23/23
to sportsd...@googlegroups.com
Griffin,

to make a scatter plot of average margin vs season for home teams, use the SDQL:

R(season),A(margin)@H and season|$1,$2@1?output=scatter&polyfit=1

Where I have include a first order fit using polyfit=1

Best regards,

Joe Meyer
SportsDatabase.com
Eyeball Communications LLC