How many times in a season does all 9 players get a single hit

Adam B

May 24, 2023, 9:33:33 AM5/24/23
to SportsDataBase
Hi all,

I have an over/under bet with a buddy of mine and neither of us can figure out the query for SDQL. we are looking to find out how many times last season in MLB a single team had each of their players record at least 1 hit. Could someone help us with the query? There is a bunch of beer and more importantly, bragging rights on the line.

Thank you in advance for the help

Joe Meyer

May 24, 2023, 2:28:17 PM5/24/23
to sportsd...@googlegroups.com
Adam and SDQL Friends,

To see a list of hits for batters in yesterday's games, use the SDQL:
Batter:list:hits@date=today-1

Can you take it from there?
Hint: Python's list comprehension is handy.

Best regards,

Joe Meyer
SportsDatabase.com
eyeball communications llc

Adam B

May 24, 2023, 2:29:10 PM5/24/23
to SportsDataBase
Joe that is perfect. Thank you for your help.

Gambrinus

May 27, 2023, 3:34:27 PM5/27/23
to SportsDataBase
Here ya go Adam. It happened once in 2022. If you won the bet, you owe me a beer. 😎
  • date,team,o:team,Batter:list:name,Batter:list:hits@all(num==1 for num in Batter:list:hits)=1 and season=2022