First to 3 runs (MLB)

JT

May 11, 2022, 5:38:07 PM (9 days ago) May 11
to SportsDataBase
Hello,

Is there a way to see stats for which team scored 3 runs first within a given query?

For example, to see all favorites of -150 or bigger, how many times they ended up getting to 3 first, vs their opponent getting to 3 first, vs neither getting to 3.

Thanks,

JT

Joe Meyer

May 11, 2022, 5:42:25 PM (9 days ago) May 11
to sportsdatabase
JT,

for free SDQL support, please use our discussion group at:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/SportsDataBase

Or just tweet it out using the hash tag #SDQL.

Best wishes,

Joe Meyer
http://SportsDatabase.com

Gambrinus

May 14, 2022, 2:05:33 PM (6 days ago) May 14
to SportsDataBase
To see teams favored by at least -150 who scored at least 3 before their opponent scored:
  • SF>=3 and line<-150

To see teams favored by at least -150 whose opponent scored at least 3 before they scored:

To see teams favored by at least -150 who did not score 3 runs before the opponent scored, nor did the opponent open the game with 3 runs unanswered:
  • SF<3 and o:SF<=3 and line<-150

As my friend Joe says, SDQL is easy!

JT

May 14, 2022, 4:21:19 PM (6 days ago) May 14
to SportsDataBase
Thanks for your response Gambrinus. I had looked into SF previously but that's not quite what I'm looking for. I am trying to find a query that includes all games where the favorite scored 3 runs prior to the other team scoring 3 runs. That would include games that were at a score of 1-1, 1-2, etc. prior to the favorite getting to 3.

Thanks