download databases as html, json, and csv

Joe Meyer

Aug 31, 2021, 12:54:38 PM8/31/21
to SportsDatabase Data
Dear SportsDatabase Maintainer,

Thank you for your good efforts in maintaining the sports databases.
After 20+ years I am getting out of data wrangling to concentrate on the SDQL.

You can download your data directly from query pages at sportsdatabase.com. Just cut and paste parameters into the query box and specify a season. For example, to get all of the NFL game parameters for 2010, use the SDQL:

 RSWL, ats margin, ats streak, attendance, average net punt yards, average punt yards, biggest lead, blocked extra points, blocked field goals, blocked punts, close line, close total, coach, completions, conference, date, day, division, dpa, dps, drives, field goals, field goals attempted, first downs, fourth downs attempted, fourth downs made, fumble return touchdowns, fumble return yards, fumbles, fumbles lost, game number, goal to go attempted, goal to go made, head coach, interception return yards, interception returns, interception touchdowns, interceptions, kicking extra points, kicking extra points attempted, kickoff return touchdowns, kickoff return yards, kickoff returns, kickoffs, kickoffs for touchback, kickoffs in end zone, lead changes, line, losses, margin, margin after the first, margin after the third, margin at the half, matchup losses, matchup wins, money line, month, open line, open total, opponents, ou margin, ou streak, overtime, passes, passing first downs, passing touchdowns, passing yards, penalties, penalty first downs, penalty yards, playoffs, plays, points, punt return touchdowns, punt return yards, punt returns, punts, quarter scores, red zones attempted, red zones made, regular season wins line, rest, return yards, rot, rushes, rushes for a loss, rushing first downs, rushing touchdowns, rushing yards, rushing yards lost, sack yards, sacks, safeties, scored first, season, site, site streak, snf, start time, streak, surface, team, temperature, third downs attempted, third downs made, time of possession, time zone, times tied, total, touchdowns, turnover margin, turnovers, two point conversion attempts, two point conversions, two point conversions attempted, week, wins @ season = 2010

And likewise for other sports as well as player-level data.

Note that the default output is HTML.
You can get json like this:
....  wins @ season = 2010?output=json

You can get csv (watch out for python objects) like this:
...  wins @ season = 2010?output=csv

Thanks again for all your good efforts and ..

Best wishes,

Joe Meyer

Gambrinus

Aug 31, 2021, 9:03:19 PM8/31/21
to SportsDatabase Data

Joe,

Thanks for all you’ve done for the past 20+ years. I appreciate all your efforts. SDQL is such a great tool. I use it every single day. I wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

Thank you!

 John

JJ 21

Sep 1, 2021, 4:35:05 PM9/1/21
to SportsDatabase Data
Here here! Onto bigger and better things.

And Gambrinus, if you'd every like someone to help test the NFL DB or promote the next phase, let me know. I've read your posts re: development for SDQL 3.0. Sounds awesome.