Same HPU for 2 games on same day

Jim Donovan

Jul 25, 2021, 9:25:46 PM7/25/21
to SportsDatabase Data
In addition to the games previously listed without HPU data, I have also found that there are 6 cases of the same umpire being listed as the HPU for 2 different games on the same day which need correction.  Note that I have not checked to see if all HPU data is correct (I am working on a way to confirm this).  These ones are just very obvious due to the fact that to my knowledge it would be very unlikely for this to happen except in very extreme circumstances (such as 3 umpires have a positive COVID-19 test on the morning of a doubleheader leaving just one MLB umpire from the crew and they recruit local college umpires to cover the bases for both games of the doubleheader).

Here are the 6 games with the incorrect and the correct data listed.

CORRECT
date=20210401
Astros @ Athletics
HPU=Brian Gorman