Point of View

richt...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2007, 2:16:45 PM8/13/07
to Readers Anonymous
This has kind of been touched in a couple of different threads but I
believe it is worth it's own comment section. I'm enjoying the
informal style of this book and how it will, on occasion, dip into a
second person point of view. I haven't been able to mark a thread of
consistency through any of them. They are scattered throughout but
most notably used on pages 131 and 146.

Like Megan was making note, Chabon is incredibly dry and intelligent
so there must be a reason for the use of language throughout the
book. Was it to match the unorthodox view of Landsman? My sister is
plowing through Lamb right now and I also can't help but have the
feeling that this is Messiah or some lesser angel...

Megan....@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2007, 11:29:34 AM8/15/07
to Readers Anonymous
i think you should comment further on this when you've finished the
book... i am only 1/4 of the way through, and have noticed the
switching narration, but cant quite put my finger on it yet.

i will say that i am loving that they "speak" in yiddish, and chabon
only clarifies speech when it's in "american". love it. love the
patters of yiddish. does anyone know if chabon speaks yiddish?