November Book Choices

10lees

Oct 12, 2007, 9:10:34 PM10/12/07
to Readers Anonymous
Hello everybody - can you believe it's been a year since we started
this venture? Dr G reminded me this morning - WOW!

Since it's the beginning of a weekend close to 15th, I thought I'd
start the nomination process early (plus I will be totally wiped out
from running payroll next week and will probably forget).

Nominate a book!

My nomination is the 1999 National Book Award Winner - Waiting by Ha
Jin
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780375706417&itm=1
I actually found it because he has a new book coming out, but since I
am anti-hardback I thought I'd nominate this novel instead. Plus, it
looks like an amazing book!

rhett butler

Oct 12, 2007, 9:52:19 PM10/12/07
to 10lees, Readers Anonymous

richt...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2007, 3:33:57 PM10/16/07
to Readers Anonymous
Okay, I have two short ones

The End of the Affair

http://www.amazon.com/End-Affair-Graham-Greene/dp/0099478447/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-3243944-1436813?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192563085&sr=1-1

or

Breakfast at Tiffany's

http://www.amazon.com/Breakfast-Tiffanys-Essential-penguin-Truman-Capote/dp/0140274111/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/002-3243944-1436813?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192563208&sr=1-3

On Oct 12, 8:52 pm, "rhett butler" <rhetto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to read "Only Revolutions"
>

> http://www.amazon.com/Only-Revolutions-Mark-Z-Danielewski/dp/03754217...

> On 10/12/07, 10lees <10l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello everybody - can you believe it's been a year since we started
> > this venture? Dr G reminded me this morning - WOW!
>
> > Since it's the beginning of a weekend close to 15th, I thought I'd
> > start the nomination process early (plus I will be totally wiped out
> > from running payroll next week and will probably forget).
>
> > Nominate a book!
>
> > My nomination is the 1999 National Book Award Winner - Waiting by Ha
> > Jin
>

> >http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9...

> > I actually found it because he has a new book coming out, but since I
> > am anti-hardback I thought I'd nominate this novel instead. Plus, it
> > looks like an amazing book!
>

> --
> "To the ambitious for whom neither the bounty of life nor the beauty of the
> world suffice to content, it comes as penance that life with them is
> squandered and that they posses neither the benefits nor the beauty of the
> world. And if they are unable to perceive what is divine in Nature which is
> all around them, how will they be able to see their own divinity, which is
> sometimes hidden."
>
> - Leonardo Da Vinci- Hide quoted text -

10lees

Oct 17, 2007, 10:58:26 PM10/17/07
to Readers Anonymous

Here's the poll: http://20v.pollhost.com/

Choices:
Waiting by Ha Jin
Only Revolutions by Mark Danielewski
End of the Affair by Graham Green
Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

Vote quickly!!

Megan....@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2007, 5:01:18 PM10/18/07
to Readers Anonymous
dude... we have all week to vote!

tell your friends - join our club!

10lees

Oct 20, 2007, 10:14:22 PM10/20/07
to Readers Anonymous
We are calling it on Wednesday the 24th! Vote now!

10lees

Oct 25, 2007, 1:05:54 PM10/25/07
to Readers Anonymous
Ok everybody was able to vote through Wednesday the 24th and the
WINNER is....

Graham Greene's The End of The Affair!

Pick up your copy today, or perhaps see if your local library has it!