January Book of the Month

10lees

Dec 23, 2007, 1:23:41 PM12/23/07
to Readers Anonymous
Any Ideas? Nominate a book today!

10lees

Dec 29, 2007, 8:57:09 PM12/29/07
to Readers Anonymous
Hey everybody! Only a couple of days left - let's choose a book!

Megan....@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2007, 11:05:54 AM12/31/07
to Readers Anonymous
i see that we're all slow to the punch... no matter...

a family member mentioned jodi picoult to me, and i've been reading
amazon reviews of her books: my sister's keeper, keeping faith. all
have simple elements where you need to suspend your disbelief, but
apparently they all raise good issues. one of these may be worthwhile
exploring for january.

Keeping Faith:
http://www.amazon.com/Keeping-Faith-Novel-Jodi-Picoult/dp/0060878061/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199116562&sr=1-5

My Sister's Keeper:
http://www.amazon.com/My-Sisters-Keeper-Jodi-Picoult/dp/B000OV170W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199116562&sr=1-2

for something shorter, check out The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho:
http://www.amazon.com/Alchemist-Plus-Paulo-Coelho/dp/0061122416/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199116919&sr=1-8

rhet...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2008, 7:48:59 AM1/8/08
to Readers Anonymous
did we choose a book yet?

would anyone be interested in read "The Audacity of Hope" by Obama?

On Dec 31 2007, 11:05 am, Megan.Rich...@gmail.com wrote:
> i see that we're all slow to the punch... no matter...
>
> a family member mentioned jodi picoult to me, and i've been reading
> amazon reviews of her books: my sister's keeper, keeping faith. all
> have simple elements where you need to suspend your disbelief, but
> apparently they all raise good issues. one of these may be worthwhile
> exploring for january.
>
> Keeping Faith:http://www.amazon.com/Keeping-Faith-Novel-Jodi-Picoult/dp/0060878061/...
>
> My Sister's Keeper:http://www.amazon.com/My-Sisters-Keeper-Jodi-Picoult/dp/B000OV170W/re...
>
> for something shorter, check out The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho:http://www.amazon.com/Alchemist-Plus-Paulo-Coelho/dp/0061122416/ref=s...

betsy....@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2008, 9:11:14 AM1/9/08
to Readers Anonymous
By the end of this month, I'm going to be a bit too overwhelmed with
our lovely political candidates already...

I'm going to be reading (or at least starting) Darkmans by Nicola
Barker. It's a long one...
http://www.amazon.com/Darkmans-Nicola-Barker/dp/0061575216/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199887472&sr=8-1

I also have a couple of other Christmas present books to start
reading.
What is the What by Dave Eggers (I'm sure some of you have read this
one already).

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/104-9976263-7579118?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=what+is+the+what

Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0375507256/ref=wl_itt_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1P73D9GOADODA&colid=15CS4DWDUMH2T

I don't need more than one of these to go up on our poll. I'll be
reading them over the next months regardless.

10lees

Jan 21, 2008, 1:32:09 PM1/21/08
to Readers Anonymous

10lees

Jan 29, 2008, 9:59:02 PM1/29/08
to Readers Anonymous
We only have two votes - can someone break the tie for our February
book?