Elisabeth Janaina
unread,May 29, 2013, 10:28:52 AM5/29/13Sign in to reply to author
Sign in to forward
You do not have permission to delete messages in this group
Either email addresses are anonymous for this group or you need the view member email addresses permission to view the original message
to
South Sudan Football Federation approves plan for women football
JUBA, 29 May 2013 (NASS) - The board of directors’ South Sudan
Football Federation has approved 2013 budget of about 8 million SSP
for the development of women football in South Sudan. This budget will
also support the training and capacity development of South Sudanese
referees and the coaches.
This budget and plan were unveiled during a meeting of the board of
directors of the South Sudan Football Federation. In the same meeting,
the board also agreed on the participation of women teams in the
continental and international tournaments. According to the board,
South Sudan women will be participating in world championship for the
ages not more than 20 years in Canada and adults in Namibia.
The board of directors of South Sudan Football Federation further
adopted a resolution upgrading seven subsidiary unions into the local
union during the meeting. The union is expected to form a committee to
visit the subsidiary unions before the end of November this year to
come up with a report to make the final decision in its general
assembly meeting which is due to take place in February next year.
The sub-unions recommended for upgrading are Lanya, Mundri, Tonj, Manj
Biomnom, Maban and Baliet to make 23 local unions in South Sudan.
Professor Sestelo Juba who is the secretary general of the union
disclosed the European Union is working to organize tournaments across
the country especially in areas where there are sporting activities
and recognized unions.
He said opportunities are still open for the rest of the unions to
comply with their request for the approval. He explained the visit of
the technical committee to the unions for inspection would be for the
procedure as well.
He further said that the federation will put some conditions into
consideration just like what was done to previous unions stressing
that a union should at least have two playgrounds.
Reported by Makeir Wen Buk / Translated by Martin Jada Gabriel
“South Sudan oil flow benefits both Sudans”, RSS
JUBA, May 28, 2013 –The flow of South Sudan oil is for the economic
benefit of the people of the Republic of Sudan, South Sudan and the
region, South Sudan government spokesman Dr. Barnaba Marial Benjamin
has said.
Dr. Benjamin made these remarks today while reacting to threats issued
by Sudanese President Omar El Bashir that he would shut down the flow
of South Sudan’s oil “should South Sudan continue its support to the
rebels” fighting his government in South Kordofan and Blue Nile.
President Bashir is reported to have made the threats on Monday while
addressing a gathering to celebrate the Sudanese Army takeover of Abu
Kershola, an area previously held by the rebels.
“The oil is part of the Cooperation Agreement, we would expect the
Republic of Sudan to respect the agreements they peg their signatures
to”, said Dr. Benjamin.
Dr. Benjamin, who is also South Sudan’s Minister of Information,
re-echoed the country’s stance on severed ties with the rebels of
Sudanese Revolutionary Front (SRF). The rebels from the two regions of
Kordofan and Blue Nile fought alongside the South in the two decades
long civil war against Khartoum government. However, South Sudan
parted ways with them when it attained independence in July 2011.
“The accusations labeled against South Sudan that it is supporting the
rebels fighting the Sudanese government are false”, Dr. Benjamin said.
South Sudan government, he said, is committed to the full
implementation of the Cooperation Agreement. He urged the government
of Sudan to use established mechanisms in the African Union Roadmap to
channel any disputes as recommended by the Cooperation Agreement.
Dr. Benjamin said that Presidents Bashir and Salva Kiir Mayardit met
on May 24 in Addis Ababa on the margins of AU Jubilee celebration and
agreed to fast track the process of creating border crossing points
which he said would facilitate the easy movement of people and goods
between the two countries.
Reported by Matata Safi
“Strengthen UNISFA”, Kiir urges AU/PSC
ADDIS ABABA, May 27 2013 – South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir Mayardit
has called on the African Union Peace and Security Council (AU/PSC) to
strengthen the United Nations Interim Security Force for Abyei
(UNISFA) following the killing of the Paramount Chief Deng Koul Deng
of Abyei.
The late paramount chief was killed on 4 May 2013 when a convoy he was
travelling in came under attack believed to have been carried out by
some elements from the Messeriya Arab nomads group. One UN solider was
also killed.
In a meeting with the AU/SPC yesterday in Addis Ababa on the margins
of the African Union Jubilee celebrations, President Kiir said the
situation in the area would get worse if the UN security force is not
strengthened to face the current security challenges.
The AU has called for an immediate investigation in the murder of the
chief with both Presidents Kiir and Omar El-Bashir pledging their
support for the investigations. The meeting was chaired by the Prime
Minister of Ethiopia H.E Haile Mariam Desalegn.
Reported by Thomas Kenneth