Acton Train

1 view

Joe Sommers

Feb 19, 2014, 4:37:20 PM2/19/14
to south-acto...@googlegroups.com

Is there overnight parking at the South Acton Station?

Joe

andrew....@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2014, 11:30:00 AM2/24/14
to South-Acto...@googlegroups.com, south-acto...@googlegroups.com, jo...@optometrics.com
Depends.  There is no restriction in place against overnight parking.

Metered parking in the commuter lot is Mon-Fri, 8am - 5pm.  If your intention is to park your car, take the inbound, and then take the first outbound train in the morning, there is at least a 24 minute gap where you could technically get a parking ticket.  As far as I know, there is no way to pay in advance for that time-slot (meters are 12 hours ... so you'd technically have to pay for a full 12 hours from say 9pm the night before).

The only alternative that I know of is to use a free public parking lot on Railroad St. (no restrictions on overnight too).  Note that they will be closing this public lot as part of the South Acton station construction sometime this Spring ... no official word yet on when and for how long.

-Andrew