Hello to Everyone

Gree...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2008, 8:38:27 AM2/6/08
to SoundHeal...@googlegroups.com
Greetings and Hello to the Sound Healing Network!!

I am so pleased and blessed to have been invited to join this group.

So many doors are opening for me since the beginning of January. Recently I was invited to become a member of the Kirtan Band 'The Bhakti Shakti Express', and the healing power of Kirtan has blessed my heart and my connection to the kundilini has strengthened and blossomed. I invite all of you who wish, to join us on Sunday Nights at The Yoga Sanctuary in Northampton, Massachusetts. The Yoga Sanctuary is just above the Mountain Goat. We start at 7:30 and end about 9:30. The wallah Dave Russell offers us the gift of his many years of Kirtans and stories of his journey to his practice. While he chants and plays the harmonium I lead the gathering of responders in harmonies and melodies and as we chant in Sanskrit we open our hearts and sing our spirits into bliss

Many Thanks and Blessings,
Karen

Cheryl L. Conner

Feb 6, 2008, 10:42:35 AM2/6/08
to SoundHeal...@googlegroups.com, soundheal...@googlegroups.com
Hello to the Sound Healing Network,

I am very happy to be a part of this group. I am a keyboardist/composer
who just returned to Mass. (Sherborn) from living in the wilderness of
Vermont for 3 years.

During that time, music started flowing through me for healing people, the
earth and the nation. I am at a juncture, ready to share this music with
a wider audience. I hope that being a part of this network will help me
pull together the pieces of the puzzle of how it all should be shared.

Thanks for being there!

Love and blessings,

Cheryl Conner
New Prospects Collaborative
P.O. Box 998
Sherborn, Mass. 01770
(508)650-3680

Gree...@aol.com wrote:
> Greetings and Hello to the Sound Healing Network!!
>
> I am so pleased and blessed to have been invited to join this group.
>
> So many doors are opening for me since the beginning of January. Recently
> was invited to become a member of the Kirtan Band 'The Bhakti Shakti
> Express',
> and the healing power of Kirtan has blessed my heart and my connection to
> the kundilini has strengthened and blossomed. I invite all of you who
> wish, to
> join us on Sunday Nights at The Yoga Sanctuary in Northampton,
> Massachusetts.
> The Yoga Sanctuary is just above the Mountain Goat. We start at 7:30 and
> end
> about 9:30. The wallah Dave Russell offers us the gift of his many years
> of
> Kirtans and stories of his journey to his practice. While he chants and
> plays
> the harmonium I lead the gathering of responders in harmonies and
> melodies
> and as we chant in Sanskrit we open our hearts and sing our spirits into
> bliss
>
> Many Thanks and Blessings,
> Karen
>

> **************Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.
> (http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp003000000025
> 48)

macs...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2008, 11:15:00 AM2/6/08
to The Sound Healing Network (SHN)
Aloha Karen,
Do you know anyone that plays tanpura? I have started playing around
with one. I use it along with didg, drum, tabla, native flutes,
singing bowls and chants at a sound meditation we do every month in
Newington CT. I interested in some basic instruction or ideas.
Sat Nam, Malcolm

On Feb 6, 8:38 am, GreenM...@aol.com wrote:
> Greetings and Hello to the Sound Healing Network!!
>
> I am so pleased and blessed to have been invited to join this group.
>
> So many doors are opening for me since the beginning of January. Recently I
> was invited to become a member of the Kirtan Band 'The Bhakti Shakti Express',
>  and the healing power of Kirtan has blessed my heart and my connection to
> the kundilini has strengthened and blossomed. I invite all of you who wish, to
> join us on Sunday Nights at The Yoga Sanctuary in Northampton, Massachusetts.
>  The Yoga Sanctuary is just above the Mountain Goat. We start at 7:30 and end
>  about 9:30. The wallah Dave Russell offers us the gift of his many years of
> Kirtans and stories of his journey to his practice. While he chants and plays
>  the harmonium I lead the gathering of responders in harmonies and melodies
> and as we chant in Sanskrit we open our hearts and sing our  spirits into bliss
>
> Many Thanks and Blessings,
> Karen
>
> **************Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.
> (http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp0...
> 48)

Malcolm Shute

Feb 6, 2008, 11:46:06 AM2/6/08
to SoundHeal...@googlegroups.com
Aloha Cheryl,

I started with Native style flute, was invited, and volunteered to do
sound therapy through the Integrated Medicine Dept at our local
hospital. I now use my cd's to destress individuals while I do EFT,
Reiki and QT with them. The work is very interesting and sound can
open many doors. I also work with two other sound practitioners (I
think the law only allows doctors to heal so we use the word
practitioner) doing Sound Meditations each month in Newington CT.
The audience lay on yoga mats.

Sat Nam, Malcolm www.malcolmshute.com

Melinda Gardiner

Feb 6, 2008, 12:40:16 PM2/6/08
to SoundHeal...@googlegroups.com
Dear everyone,

Thank you for inviting me to be on this list!

I'm a harper and a singer who provides therapeutic music at the bedside for
hospice patients and in and hospitals mostly.

I am also the director of the Music for Healing & Transition Program (MHTP),
which provides extensive theoretical, practical and clinical training and
certification in the art and science of providing acoustic, live,
therapeutic music at the bedside in hospitals, hospices, nursing homes and
other healthcare facilities. MHTP has been providing training all over the
US since 1994, and we have almost 500 graduates nation-wide at this point.
Many of our grads are employed in healthcare facilities now, and it is
exciting that more and more places are aware of the power of therapeutic
music provided one-to-one, meeting the patient where they are,
in-the-moment, with the music and simple Presence. This approach is very
different than music therapy!

MHTP's website is www.mhtp.org - check out our E-Newsletter, etc.

In the NE area, we have classes now in Manchester, NH at Elliot Hospital and
also in Pittsfield, MA at Berkshire Medical Center. We will be offering a
summer camp this year in August at Pumpkin Hollow Farm Retreat Center in
Craryville, NY, which is just 15 miles west of Great Barrington, MA.

MHTP welcomes instrumentalists and singers. Some examples of the variety of
instruments our graduates (Certified Music Practitioners®) play are--harp,
guitar, many types of flutes (silver, wooden baroque, Native American,
bansuri, shakuhachi, the lower recorders, etc.), violin, viola, cello,
double bass, hammered dulcimer, appalachian dulcimer, harmonica, clarinet,
auto-harp, mandolin, the voice, of course, and we even have a french horn
player.

MHTP is accreditated by the National Standards Board of Therapeutic
Musicians.

Thanks so much!

Yours,

Melinda