Chicago Job Opening: Communications Director

Susan Smith Ross

Feb 16, 2016, 5:06:02 PM2/16/16
I previously worked for Action Now's non-profit arm, Action Now Institute, which is located in the same suite of offices.  Nice people with whom to work.  Casual, laid back work atmosphere.  Competitive salary, great benefits.  Offices located in Greektown (Jackson & Halsted).
Action Now

Hello everyone,

Action Now is looking for a new Communications Director. We have loved working with Aaron Krager for the past few years, but he is leaving us to go on an amazing cross-country adventure and we wish him well! We are looking for someone with specific qualifications such as:

  • 3-5 years of experience with communications strategy, social media, public relations
  • 1-2 years of community, labor or political "direct action" organizing or advocacy
  • 1-2 years of experience fundraising (through online, fundraisers, or grants)
  • Strong evidence of cultural competency
  • Strong track record of commitment to racial justice

Please review the job description and forward it those who may be interested in working with our great organization.

Thanks,
Katelyn Johnson
Executive Director

Action Now · 820 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60607, United States