UPnP network Share

invsbl

May 18, 2005, 8:28:15 AM5/18/05
to So...@googlegroups.com
I have an idea:
Let the ZonePlayer use a uPnp file share to access files instead of a
wired network share.

What do you guys think about this idea and its possibilities. I think
it can eliminate the first wired zoneplayer.

crum...@gmail.com

May 23, 2005, 6:09:35 PM5/23/05
to So...@googlegroups.com
Hmm... I don't quite follow you. Where exactly would the music be
located?

invsbl

May 24, 2005, 3:41:12 AM5/24/05
to So...@googlegroups.com
The music is on a computer (ie. a mac). sonos is able to access this
content through upnp, or do you think this isnt possible?

crum...@gmail.com

May 24, 2005, 4:20:52 PM5/24/05
to So...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that sounds perfectly possible, but how exactly will this
eliminate the first wire? If you're talking about using Sonos's
wireless with existing wireless, I think we've already established that
that would be extremely difficult.