Mother Pelican ~ December 2023

Luis Gutierrez

Dec 1, 2023, 12:02:13 AM12/1/23
to solidarity-sustainability group
Mother Pelican ~ December 2023

Vol. 19, No. 12, December 2023

We Need a Simple and Peaceful Christmas

ARTICLES

Significant New Initiatives and Announcements

A Brief Overview: Humanity's Socio-Ecological Predicament and Unknown Future
Clifton Ware

The Gasoline-Powered Leaf Blower as a Metaphor for Industrial Society
Richard Heinberg

Have We Reached the End of Nature? Our Relationship with the Environment is in Crisis
Derek Lynch

The Worst Addiction: Population Growth
Joseph Chamie

Nonviolence, the Challenge of the 21st Century
Nelson Hidalgo Concha

Carbon Budget for 1.5°C Will Run Out in Six Years at Current Emissions Levels
Chris Smith & Robin Lamboll

Global Energy Transition: Race to the Bottom
Gary Horvitz

There Are No Externalities in an Ecological Civilization
Cara Judea Alhadeff

Graphite: A New Energy Economy Resource Is Suddenly Harder to Get
Kurt Cobb

Artificial Intelligence: The Information Economy Becomes Even More Energy and Resource Intensive
Kurt Cobb

Centering Nonviolence in Catholic Social Teaching and Practice
Eli McCarthy

The Imperative—and Peril—of Density
Dave Rollo

Overview of the PallasCeres Report ~ An Intelligent Energy Transformation Plan
Megan K. Seibert

The Climate Emergency and the Urgency of System Change
Asoka Bandarage

Seeing Through the Economic Bait and Switch
Sonali Kolhatkar

A Bad Recipe for Science ~ Rethinking Our Response to Climate Change
Judith Curry

More than Half of World's Largest Companies' Net Zero Pledges Are False Promises
Dana Drugmand

An Unbloody Plan ~ The Flaw in the Bloody Plan
Barbara Williams

Chocolate, Systems Thinking, and Tomorrow's Global Citizens
Ali Kharrazi & Zuelclady Araujo Gutierrez

Reshaping the Local Frontiers of Farming and Biodiversity
Gerid Hager & Youri Martin

Running Short of Tailwinds for the Economy
Gail Tverberg

Recalibration of Limits to Growth: An Update of the World3 Model
Arjuna Nebel et al

Unmasking the Patriarchy: Its Origins, Impact, and the Path to Equality
Cody Peluso

Human development in harmony with nature is the existential challenge of our time. The mission of this journal is to foster integral human development in an integral ecology.

You are invited to submit comments, suggestions, and articles for publication. Deadline is the 15th of the month to be considered for the following month.

NOTE: There is an annotated archive with links to all articles published since May 2005.

Sincerely,
Luis

Luis T. Gutiérrez
Mother Pelican Journal