Mother Pelican ~ March 2023

Luis Gutierrez

Mar 1, 2023, 12:20:38 AM3/1/23
to solidarity-sustainability group
 Mother Pelican ~ March 2023
ARTICLES

Apocalypse After All?
Catherine Keller

Hoarding and Running the Economy to the Tune of Justice
Carmine Gorga

Sustainability Can (And Must) Be Beautiful
Sandra Lubarsky

When Disaster Tests the Strength of Human Cooperation
A. J. Faas

Why Biodiversity? Human Survival is Contingent on Biodiversity
Ian Pfingsten

Markets and Technology Won't Solve the Climate Crisis ~ We Must End Capitalism
Eve Ottenberg

What About the Other Debt Ceiling?
Gary Gardner

With Profits So Obscene, How Can This Be Oil's Last Gasp?
Mitchell Beer

How the Modern Fantasy of an Eternal Civilization Warps our View of Technology
Kurt Cobb

Our Planet Versus Plastic Bags—A Tale of Two Cities
Erika Schelby

Against the Economic Grain: Addressing the Social Challenges of Sustainable Livelihoods
Kim Kendall

Seventh Generation vs. (Sigh) 'Longtermism'
Chris MacDonald

The Energy Crisis, Renewable Energies, and RR+E
Luis González Reyes

PFAS 101: Everything You Need to Know About 'Forever Chemicals'
Paige Bennett

'The Oil Machine': How Environmental Grand Narratives Obstruct 'Real' Change
Paul Mobbs

We've Already Messed Up a Third of the Amazon, and It's Not Getting Better
Fermin Koop

Fossil Fragility ~ The Global Addiction to Fossil Fuels
Yogi Hendlin

Giant Leap, or Too Little Too Late
Andrew Curry

Generation Z Leads the Climate Movement
Gayle Kimball

On the Other Side of Separation: Individual and Collective Steps Towards a Post-Patriarchal Way of Living
Miki Kashtan

Separate or Relational and Truly Rational? A Few Notes on Gender, Nature, and Modernity’s Patriarchal Heritage
Jan-Olav Henriksen

Navigating the Storm of Global Change ~ Healing Collective Trauma
David Nicol

The End of This World Portends the Birth of a New One
Natalie Avalos

Challenging Religious Patriarchy: Did Jesus Rule Out Women Priests?
Pauline Chakkalakal

Human development in harmony with nature is the existential challenge of our time. The mission of this journal is to foster integral human development in an integral ecology.

You are invited to submit comments, suggestions, and articles for publication. Deadline is the 15th of the month to be considered for the following month.

Sincerely,
Luis

Luis T. Gutiérrez
Mother Pelican Journal