Mother Pelican ~ December 2021

Luis Gutierrez

Nov 30, 2021, 11:06:22 PM11/30/21
to solidarity-sustainability group
Mother Pelican ~ December 2021
ARTICLES

Gaia May Destroy Humans Before We Destroy the Earth
James Lovelock

Ecological Justice Border Crossings ~ Part 3 ~ Techno-Dystopias Breed Children as Collateral Damage
Cara Judea Alhadeff

Wanted: Math Geniuses and Power Engineers to Make a Renewable Grid Possible
Alice Friedemann

"Renewables" Is Not the Generic Solution
Eliza Daley

How Much of the Worsening Energy Crisis Is Due to Depletion?
Richard Heinberg

Tech Won't Save Us ~ Shrinking Consumption Will
Andrew Nikiforuk

Returning to a 1970s Economy Could Save Our Future
Andrew Nikiforuk

Fossil Fuel Subsidies: If We Want to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions We Should Not Pay People to Burn Fossil Fuels
Max Roser

Beyond the Growth Imperative
Olaf Bruns

Racial Justice, Climate Justice, and Capitalism in the United States: A Contradiction in Terms
Jacqueline Patterson

The Era of Cheap Living is Over
Jody Tishmack

Market-led Sustainability is a 'Fix that Fails'... But It May Have Been the Necessary 'Defence at First Depth'
Duncan Austin

Conservation or Land Grab? The Financialization of Nature
Ellen Brown

Our Fossil Fuel Energy Predicament, Including Why the Correct Story Is Rarely Told
Gail Tverberg

What the "Supply Chain Problem" is Really About
Dave Pollard

Ending Systems of Domination: Reclaiming Our Bodies and Politics from Global Trauma
Eva Schonveld and Justin Kenrick

Prolegomena to Christian Environmental Ethics ~ Part 1
Walter Scott Stepanenko

Some Practical Thoughts for Young Activists
Rex Weyler

72% of the World's Population Lacks Resource Security, Lives in Ecological Poverty Traps
Mathis Wackernagel et al

Another Extraordinary Delusion: Mining Helium from the Moon
Kurt Cobb

The Domino Theory for Averting Systemic Environmental Collapse
George Monbiot

How Much Energy Do We Need to Achieve a Decent Life for All?
Jarmo Kikstra

Pope Francis and the Steady State Economy
Brian Snyder

From Homo economicus to Homo ecologicus ~ Cultural Evolution During the 21st Century
Luis T. Gutiérrez

Human development in harmony with nature is the existential challenge of our time. The goal of this journal is to foster integral human development and an integral ecology.

You are invited to submit comments, suggestions, and articles for publication. Deadline is the 15th of the month to be considered for the following month.

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2021 & BEST WISHES FOR 2022

Sincerely,
Luis

Luis T. Gutiérrez
Mother Pelican Journal