Mother Pelican ~ January 2024

Luis Gutierrez

Dec 31, 2023, 11:40:11 PM12/31/23
to solidarity-sustainability group
Mother Pelican ~ January 2024

Vol. 20, No. 1, January 2024

The Paradox of Industrial Civilization

CONTENTS

Significant New Initiatives and Announcements

The Economics of COPOUT28
Steve Keen

The United Nations Population Fund Promotes Population Denial
Madeline Weld

On the Ecological Tyranny of Tech and Repairing Our 'Just Tech' Age
Peter C. Little

Poverty and Climate Overheating: Flip Sides of One Coin
Phil Wilson

Self-extinction: Male Fertility, Pesticides, and the End of the Human Project
Kurt Cobb

Putting Science in Its Place
Tom Murphy

Confessions of a Disillusioned Scientist
Tom Murphy

Co-Creating Cultural Evolution: Transforming Sacrifice Zones into Contact Zones
Cara Judea Alhadeff

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Richard Heinberg

The Ten Chilling Laws of Pandemics
Andrew Nikiforuk

Strength Out of Weakness: Rethinking Scientific Engagement with the Ecological Crisis as Strategic Action
Sebastián Ureta, Javiera Barandiaran, Maite Salazar, Camila Torralbo

Climate-Related Difficulties in Himachal Pradesh, India: The Resulting Conditions
Divya J. Thakur

Salton Sea Next on Lithium Chopping Block
Megan K. Seibert

Why the World's Most Popular Herbicide Is a Public Health Hazard
Caroline Cox

Clearing Skies: Opening a New Path on Climate and the Future
James Gustave Speth

Doubling Down on Fusion, Part of the Fantasy of a Painless Energy Transition
Kurt Cobb

Stagnating Science and Disillusioned Scientists ~ A Personal Story
Ugo Bardi

Climate Group Warns World Must Not Fall for Hydrogen 'Hype'
Jessica Corbett

End CoP: Aren't We All Fed Up with this Annual Vapid Self-congratulatory Farce?
Rupert Read

Global Tapestry of Alternatives: Weaving Transformation Connections
Ashish Kothari & Shrishtee Bajpai

The War Between Israel and Hamas Has Seeds in Biblical Misogyny, Patriarchy
Michelle Teheux

Why is Women's Humanity 'Open to Discussion' in the Catholic Church?
Elsie Eyakuze

Mary of Nazareth ~ The World Turned Upside Down
Susan Garrett

Human development in harmony with nature is the existential challenge of our time. The mission of this journal is to foster integral human development in an integral ecology.

You are invited to submit comments, suggestions, and articles for publication. Deadline is the 15th of the month to be considered for the following month.

NOTE: There is a supplement on religious patriarchy. There is also an annotated archive with links to all articles published since May 2005.

Sincerely,
Luis

Luis T. Gutiérrez
Mother Pelican Journal