Mother Pelican ~ July 2021

Luis Gutierrez

Jun 30, 2021, 11:28:47 PM6/30/21
to solidarity-sustainability group
- - BANNER Vol 17 No 7.jpg
ARTICLES

Protecting the Planet ~ Poem and Reflection
Shay Cullen

Confusion as a State of Grace: Climate and Kinship in 2021
Installment 3 ~ The Shame Sham - "Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires"

Cara Judea Alhadeff

Our Planet, Our Future ~ An Urgent Call for Action
National Academies

Back To Normal? Is That What We Really Want?
Erik Assadourian

Human Population Activity: The Primary Factor that has Precipitated a Climate Emergency, Biodiversity Loss, and Environmental Pollution on Our Watch
Steven Earl Salmony

Culture Drives Human Evolution More Than Genetics
Marcus Wolf

The Planetary Wellbeing Initiative: Pursuing the Sustainable Development Goals in Higher Education
Josep M. Antó et al

Science for Sustainability: The Paradigm Shift our World Needs
Glenys Jones

The Idea of 'Green Growth' is Flawed ~ We Must Find Ways of Using and Wasting Less Energy
Michael Joy

Can/Must Capitalism Change?
Keith Zeff

Don't Expect the World Economy to Resume its Prior Growth Pattern after COVID-19
Gail Tverberg

The Long Term Perspectives of Nuclear Energy: Revisiting the Fermi Paradox
Ugo Bardi

Star Parasites: Carbon-Based Life and the Future of the Universe
Ugo Bardi

The Shape of Things to Come ~ Scenario Planning and the Energy Economy
Tim Morgan

Not Just Energy, But Everything
Chris Rhodes

Circular Economies & Regenerative Cultures
Daniel Christian Wahl

Portrayals of Degrowth in the Press: 'Free Market Magic' vs 'Radical Doomsayers'
Anna Pringle

U.N. Declares Decade of Ecosystem Restoration to 'Make Peace with Nature'
Liz Kimbrough

Resisting the Everyday Violence of Colonial Extractivism
Michael Wilson Becerril

How Energy Transition Models Go Wrong
Gail Tverberg

The Shining Lies Canadians Are Told about Lowering Emissions
Andrew Nikiforuk

Two Radical Ideas Whose Time Has Come
Philip Cafaro

Why Sustainability is Not Enough in International Education
Jenny J. Lee & Ola A. Lundemo

Do We Humans Have Too Much Power?
Richard Heinberg

Human development in harmony with nature is the existential challenge of our time. The goal of this monthly digest is to foster integral human development and an integral ecology.

You are invited to submit comments, suggestions, and articles for publication. Deadline is the 15th of the month to be considered for the following month.

Sincerely,
Luis

Luis T. Gutiérrez
Mother Pelican Journal