Mother Pelican ~ July 2023

Luis Gutierrez

Jul 1, 2023, 12:12:18 AM7/1/23
to solidarity-sustainability group
Mother Pelican ~ July 2023
ARTICLES

Population Denialism is Reminiscent of Climate Denialism
Kirsten Stade

Disconnection from Nature: Expanding Our Understanding of Human–Nature Relations
Thomas Beery et al

Limits to Wealth = Limits to Growth
Daniel Wortel-London

Reflecting on Policy Proposals for Degrowth: Feasibility and Transformations
Amerissa Giannouli

Faster and Faster: The Pace of Climate Change Keeps Surprising Us
Kurt Cobb

The Global Polycrisis Reflects a Civilizational Crisis that Calls for Systemic Alternatives
Zack Walsh

Models Hide the Shortcomings of Wind and Solar
Gail Tverberg

The Lie of a Cleaner Oilsands
Andrew Nikiforuk

Leaving Las Vegas ~ Interlude I ~ Improvising Counterhegemonies: A Lived Manifesto
Cara Judea Alhadeff

Artificial Intelligence & The Polycrisis
James R. Martin

Can There Be An Energy Transition?
Christ Smaje

Nuclear Fusion: Eternal Energy = Eternal Damnation
Don Fitz & Stan Cox

Capturing Carbon With Machines Is a Failure ~ So Why Are We Subsidizing It?
Richard Heinberg

Understanding the Solidarity Economy and Just Transition
April M. Short

The Ancient Patterns of Migration
Deborah Barsky

Green Supremacy: When Far-Right Politics Co-opt Environmentalism
Diego Francesco Marin

Planet of the Narcissists: Orbiting Towards Unconsciousness
George Tsakraklides

We Need a Political Ecology of Repair that Rejects 'Business As Usual'
Daniel Castillo

Earning a Living in Troubled Times
Mary Wildfire

Tons, Hectares, or Dollars? Measuring the Pressure Exerted by the Economy on the Biosphere
Gregory M. Mikkelson

The Green Energy Transition Is Not Necessarily Just
Bryan P. Galligan

To Smash the Patriarchy, We Need to Get Specific About What It Means
Kristen R. Ghodsee

The Politics of Scripture ~ The Nonbinary Creation
Christy Randazzo

Gender Spectrum: A Scientist Explains Why Gender Isn't Binary
Cade Hildreth

Human development in harmony with nature is the existential challenge of our time. The mission of this journal is to foster integral human development in an integral ecology.

You are invited to submit comments, suggestions, and articles for publication. Deadline is the 15th of the month to be considered for the following month.

NOTE: There is an annotated archive with links to all articles published since May 2005.

Sincerely,
Luis

Luis T. Gutiérrez
Mother Pelican Journal