Who Would Have Thought

Gerry Curry

Sep 18, 2022, 7:00:05 AM9/18/22
to BBQ List List
A quiet, sleepy, remote town in Southwest Nova Scotia, known for its seafood, especially lobster! A town where BBQ is virtually synonymous with a back yard gas grill. I walked into the local hardware store and just about crapped myself!

The only Blues Hog I had ever tasted was from the two jars that Jim sent to me himself many years ago. I couldn’t find any source in all of Canada… and now this!

Sherman Watkins

Sep 18, 2022, 9:26:20 AM9/18/22
to smokeringbbq
I understand there is a grocery store in Powell, Wyoming with a similar display. Powell is only known for its melons and a WW2 Japanese internment camp.

Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/4603C0F3-BD25-4BC3-B164-A756A519E35F%40mac.com.
IMG_7598.jpeg

Rick Mortimer

Sep 18, 2022, 9:49:05 AM9/18/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
You are a lucky man. We had a local meat market get some Blues Hog last year.
Love that Tennessee Red on pulled pork. Real BBQ has taken hold here in NW PA the last few years.
Rick

Jon Stine

Sep 18, 2022, 7:10:24 PM9/18/22
to smokeringbbq
Did you get a chance to talk to the owner as to why he is stocking BH? Nice selectionffor sure!

Jon

Merrill Powers

Sep 19, 2022, 12:20:53 AM9/19/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gerry,
Congrats, that’s a true blessing!  Bill kept me supplied for years, so I was spoiled. I’m fortunate to have several sources here in Wichita. Look

Merrill

Sent from my iPhone