Just a touch outside the box

Sherman Watkins

Dec 22, 2021, 10:24:32 AM12/22/21
to smokeringbbq
Good steaks around here have been running $12-14 per pound the last month or so. Prime rib roasts are selling for $6.97 per. I have a knife, a vacuum sealer, and a freezer. Why haven't I done this before?

--
Sherm
Smoking in Montana's Banana Belt

Robert King

Dec 22, 2021, 10:59:48 AM12/22/21
to The Smoke Ring
I remember one time I was looking at tri-tips on sale. $1.99lb and looked over at ground beef at $4 something a lb. Bought a bunch, ground my own and bagged them. Had some quality burgers.

Wife picked up a beef tenderloin for Christmas…..was NO deal on that one!

Robert King

Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/CAHOBE5adchzZgmRr%2BCurTs0xXP2wW1kNgyzYj6%2B60OmuaPUTag%40mail.gmail.com.

Gerry Curry

Dec 22, 2021, 12:46:31 PM12/22/21
to BBQ List List
Both Prime Rib and Ribeye steaks are running $14 to $15/lb here in Nova Scotia. I just bought a 3-bone Prime Rib roast for Christmas dinner. Had to hire a Brinks guard and truck to get it home! Ribs are averaging $5/lb!

JEFF QUADE

Dec 22, 2021, 1:08:44 PM12/22/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Local store here in Minneapolis is running full Certified Angus Beef strip loins for $5.99lb this week, averaging 13-14lbs. Went out and bought 3. My New York's are covered!

Chris H

Dec 24, 2021, 1:03:56 PM12/24/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

My son cuts meat at the local grocery store and they will grind it and package it for you for free so you might ask and see if they will do it and save yourself the time.