RIP Bill Arnold

Joe Whittel

Nov 4, 2021, 8:21:54 AM11/4/21
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Based on a posting from Todd Arnold, Bill Arnold has passed.  RIP Bill, a wealth of information and alway so positive.

Gerry Curry

Nov 4, 2021, 8:33:17 AM11/4/21
to BBQ List List
So sorry to hear this. We commented to each other often, even though we were so different. He was a true ambassador for BBQ!. He will be very much missed!
On 4 Nov 2021, at 9:21 am, Joe Whittel <bbq....@gmail.com> wrote:

Based on a posting from Todd Arnold, Bill Arnold has passed.  RIP Bill, a wealth of information and alway so positive.

Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/CAL4LOX8%2BKzY336V%3DBTeDA1rzhtF2zA6p3VGqjqQ_v_f1WYrE3A%40mail.gmail.com.

John Douglas

Nov 4, 2021, 10:15:03 AM11/4/21
to Joe Whittel, The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Talked to him on the phone several times over the years.....a great man who took on raising his children and never complained. He has had a number of health problems over the years and always took those head on. I remember when he got fired from square D and then started a little BBQ sauce business......:)

Very sad to hear this.

John

Joe Whittel wrote on 11/4/2021 7:21 AM:
Based on a posting from Todd Arnold, Bill Arnold has passed.  RIP Bill, a wealth of information and alway so positive.
Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/CAL4LOX8%2BKzY336V%3DBTeDA1rzhtF2zA6p3VGqjqQ_v_f1WYrE3A%40mail.gmail.com.

Best Regards,

John D

Robert King

Nov 4, 2021, 10:34:14 AM11/4/21
to The Smoke Ring
Oh man that is sad news. What a nice person we have lost.

You are right. Don’t remember him ever being negative even when he was sick.

Condolences to his children, family and friends.

Robert King

On Nov 4, 2021, at 5:21 AM, Joe Whittel <bbq....@gmail.com> wrote:

Based on a posting from Todd Arnold, Bill Arnold has passed.  RIP Bill, a wealth of information and alway so positive.

Jon Stine

Nov 4, 2021, 10:39:44 AM11/4/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear this. Bill was a great barbecue man, but even better father by all accounts.

Jon

Lucy Baker

Nov 4, 2021, 10:40:14 AM11/4/21
to bbq bbq
I am sorry to hear this. I'm also proud to have met him. Lay in peace, Bill. He was a fountain of knowledge and love.

Lucy and Family
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/2F08F6AD-2D7A-44F6-B1E7-F0F2B5ED60A9%40schmittysbbq.com.

spe...@knology.net

Nov 4, 2021, 10:43:11 AM11/4/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
sorry to hear that.

He was always helpful and kind to all

spence

Sherman Watkins

Nov 4, 2021, 11:25:19 AM11/4/21
to smokeringbbq
Dang!
Of course that won't stop me thinking of him every time I see a Blues Hog label. More than I can offer most people.

--
Sherm
Smoking in Montana's Banana Belt

Joe Whittel

Nov 4, 2021, 12:32:16 PM11/4/21
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
As I just passed my1/2 gallon jug of Blues Hog Original,  was planning on using some for dinner in his honor.

Kevin Cleek

Nov 4, 2021, 12:51:10 PM11/4/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

Bill was a great man.  I remember when he was building his business, I mentioned on the group that I was between jobs and a bit bummed out, and Bill sent me a care package of his greatest hits.  What a nice, generous man.  We traded Christmas cards for a few years.  I guess his girls are all grown by now.  It would be nice if someone could forward the group's condolences and remembrances to his girls.

Kevin