Hush Puppies/Paula Deen Recipe

John Douglas

Mar 21, 2021, 4:43:51 PM3/21/21
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
I would like some help on this one, my wife cannot eat gluten and if cornmeal is processed in a factory with wheat we can't use it. So I don't know whether self rising cornmeal is GF. OK, my question is what and how much " b soda, powder, etc" should I add to make the corn meal self rising. I'm wanting to make some for her.

TIA,

John

PS: Look at how close Steve's address "@covad.net is to covid.... small world.

Also, anyone know where or what Gary W has been up to?

Mar 21, 2021, 4:56:24 PM3/21/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

to make one cup of self-rising cornmeal:

3/4 cup regular cornmeal

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon granulated salt

You can leave out the flour

spence

Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/1066e66b-3912-89b1-a46e-840e91a70d41%40cox.net.

Kevin Cleek

David Mitchell

Mar 22, 2021, 9:59:36 AM3/22/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Weisenberger Mill email this company and ask if they have what you need.

David Mitchell

Mar 22, 2021, 10:11:29 AM3/22/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

Homemade Cornbread

This recipe for Homemade Cornbread is naturally wheat free, but use our Gluten Free Medium Grind Cornmeal (ground and packaged in our dedicated gluten free facility) if you need a gluten free version.

·         SERVINGS 9 servings

·         PREP TIME 5 minutes

·         COOK TIME 30 minutes

·         PASSIVE TIME N/A

Ingredients

·         1-1/2 cups Medium Grind Cornmeal or Gluten Free Medium Cornmeal

·         2 tsp Baking Powder

·         1 Tbsp. Sugar

·         3 Tbsp. Safflower Oil or Canola Oil

·         3/4 cup Milk

·         1 Egg large

Instructions

1.    Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan, set aside.

2.    Blend the dry ingredients together.

3.    Next, combine the wet ingredients and add them to the dry.

4.    Mix well. Pour into the prepared baking pan.

5.    Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.

This is on the Bob's Red Mill website never made myself.

John Douglas

Mar 22, 2021, 10:56:46 AM3/22/21
to David Mitchell, The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Thamks for both replies.

John