The pigman and the Q-fest

John Douglas

Mar 22, 2021, 12:39:18 PM3/22/21
to 'James Stewart' via The Smoke Ring BBQ List, The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Jim, so nice to hear from you and the others, I have learned a lot from you and I still have all of you old posts about catering, foiling, times and amounts to figure for a cater, etc.

I'm still trying to remember where we were when Jana and I met you and your wife at the Q-fest.

John ( Like old home week with out the calories :)

'James Stewart' via The Smoke Ring BBQ List wrote on 3/21/2021 9:35 PM:
I read the posts, and there are few anymore.  I love to cook bbq once in a while, but not like I used too.  It's more of a once in a while hobby. But with my wife and I,  I find it a lot of work/time for the two of us.

I have more enjoyment working on bbq smokers.  I'm not a good welder but I can work on a project for a time then stop to do something else, then go back as time permits.

Last week we were in Huntsville, Al . My son and his family came up and we were adding fireboxes to the grills I took up for each of my son in law's.  I took the grills up several years ago. They are each about 3 ft diameter and 4 ft long on trailers. Now the son in law's( I have two of them) want to start offset smoking, so we tried to make the grills have the option of either direct or offset.

  Now for cooking, I did cook some butts, back in Sept 2020, for my wife' s school, but nothing more than a couple butts and a few chicken pieces since.

Pigmanjim

From: 'Gerry Curry' via The Smoke Ring BBQ List <smoker...@googlegroups.com>
Date: 3/19/21 8:15 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: BBQ List List <smoker...@googlegroups.com>

Ask me if I give a damn!

On 18 Mar 2021, at 7:57 pm, Sherman Watkins <tankw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Plant-based barbecue producer Barveque will expand its footprint and employee base in Cornelius, in the Lake Norman region near Charlotte, with what it’s calling “the world’s largest plant-based smokehouse.” How’s that for a new kind of pig pickin’?
The company disclosed the news earlier this week.
The approximately 10,000 square foot facility, to be named the Carolina Smokehouse, will open in July 2021, said the company. It plans to continue operating in its current facility that will eventually be turned into innovation space.
The company anticipates that it could produce 800,000 pounds of Barveque products as it scales up to meet surging demand.
“As we grow to keep up with demand for Barvecue products, we decided that it was time to expand production and lead the way in the plant-based barbecue market,” said Barveque founder and CEO Lee Cooper.

--
Sherm
Smoking in Montana's Banana Belt

Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/CAHOBE5ZGLr_MhtXAD0DBrWSxHWjd5iLejdDtL--UccsFFLgO%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/78AAAEE1-CFA7-4C3B-846E-4B969BC1A011%40mac.com.
Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/6054a4a1.1c69fb81.35aa1.c8d7SMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING%40gmr-mx.google.com.

Best Regards,

John D
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/cdca41e9-0ae9-27ec-aaa3-0ef1fa3f4734%40cox.net.
Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/BN6PR08MB35246B64B8EBAA506D583B0DA0689%40BN6PR08MB3524.namprd08.prod.outlook.com.

Avast
logo

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/f74b74e7-86b6-a11c-fef7-f84b8e7b1888%40earthlink.net.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/605547f6.1c69fb81.8c258.8dfeSMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING%40gmr-mx.google.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/ffc4df1d-14b9-c253-17b1-4332e3deed91%40earthlink.net.

Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/D5A1C5FA-E368-4BF4-857B-62ADA8B171D2%40mac.com.

Best Regards,

John D

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/aa6b3f67-9fc2-6a73-9688-14fcbe823309%40cox.net.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/67c21e0f-2094-80e2-b04f-d9f6a4ca8e3c%40charter.net.
Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/404136f3-9342-128e-6376-3d64a7253a7e%40charter.net.

Best Regards,

John D

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/f10978a3-a8e5-1d86-bd1c-eb74e1f69a9e%40cox.net.
Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/211624837.2112459.1616380555512%40mail.yahoo.com.

Best Regards,

John D

sgmcl...@comcast.net

Mar 22, 2021, 1:10:54 PM3/22/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
It has been so nice reading all of the information from you guys again...it has been ages.  I rarely ever do post on here but I will grant you all one thing...you have taught me many good tips since back in 1998 when I found you all.....and the infamous Bill....so sorry to have read that we lost him and many others.  I was also thankful to find the Corky's coleslaw recipe again....I had printed it several times but I hid it from myself!  lol
Again, thanks for all the information from everyone on here....I have missed all of the bbq grills, smokers, the many methods and recipes and yes, oh yes, the BS.  lol
Thanks for letting me continue to learn from you ALL.
Sharon in Virginia (but thinking about moving to Texas)
Be safe, and if you see that Virus, kick it in the ass!!!