Chilli receipe for 100?

Joe Whittel

Oct 2, 2023, 6:03:45 PM10/2/23
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Does anyone have a receipe for Chilli that serves 100? Looking for one that uses ground beef.

Thanks,
Joe in Connecticut

Kevin Cleek

Oct 3, 2023, 8:27:39 PM10/3/23
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

Working on it...

Kevin

Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/CAL4LOX9%3DAX%2B%3Dwc9qumErvN%2BPZUewnhbjBsJJziEsL6C-UMVVHQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Kevin Cleek

Oct 3, 2023, 10:21:47 PM10/3/23
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

I got this from a guy who feeds 60-70 fraternity guys lunch and dinner 6 days a week.  It's a bit off the cuff.

It’s hard to say, I just always shoot from the hip..

50# ground beef

5# onion

1/2 pound garlic cloves

Couple # 10 cans of tomato sauce

Dry thyme

Chili powder

Cumin

Salt

pepper

Couple #10 cans of pinto beans

I don't know how much this will help.

Kevin

Joe Whittel

Oct 3, 2023, 10:39:58 PM10/3/23
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Thanks. It is a start.  I always wing it as well.

Joe

PC Steve

Oct 4, 2023, 6:49:16 AM10/4/23
to SmokeRingForum
I make easy chili but I emphasize chili flavor.  I generally go 2 to 1 on beans to tomato sauce, even better if you can get chili flavored beans preseasoned as a head start and use the liquid. Only other comment is good chili powder, Mexene if available is my go-to.

Just my two cents...