Add some creativity when describing your bbq

Sherman Watkins

Aug 10, 2022, 11:28:06 AM8/10/22
to smokeringbbq
† pinguinitescentadj.
[‘Having a greasy lustre.’]
Origin: A borrowing from Latin. Etymons: Latin pinguisnitēscēns.
Etymology: <  classical Latin pinguis fat (see pinguid adj.) + nitēscēns, present participle of nitēscere to become bright, begin to shine, to become sleek <  nitēre to shine (see nitent adj.) + -ēscere (see -escent suffix).
N.E.D.  (1906) gives the pronunciation as (pi:ŋgwiˌnəite·sĕnt) /ˌpɪŋɡwɪnaɪˈtɛsənt/.
 Obsolete.
  Having a greasy lustre.
1817  S. T. Coleridge Biographia Literaria  I. x. 169 The lank, black, twine-like hair, pingui-nitescent.
1842 Bentley's Misc.  Jan. 102 Everything about the book [sc. Kitchener's Cook's Oracle] is pinguinitescent.

--
Sherm
Smoking in Montana's Banana Belt

James Stewart

Aug 11, 2022, 8:42:16 AM8/11/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Just expanding our vocabulary, how telligent we'll become!

Pigmanjim

Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/CAHOBE5bHrh0ZTq77pOhx%3DFPt0sJEDsz%3DWiwGp_V9CfQJB%2BO2Ew%40mail.gmail.com.