For those proud of their food safety certificate

Sherman Watkins

May 24, 2021, 11:38:51 AM5/24/21
to smokeringbbq
HQeYK8miktc5lHkMn2rPaj68Gy4im7Ij1dHWEoojwmRs-dqO66sz49-mxn0ymCFSd5mKbHUOswGUCtfY9TX4gjPPHK3zHmZHS6Ujonk=s0

Lucy Baker

May 24, 2021, 11:47:56 AM5/24/21
to bbq bbq
WOW! I have no words!
Lucy

> On May 24, 2021, at 8:38 AM, Sherman Watkins <tankw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> --
> Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
> http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/CAHOBE5ZV8A5b0x%2B4wNvYpw-Yt_pcXdLACvpUy8auFJrL2yXgog%40mail.gmail.com.
> <HQeYK8miktc5lHkMn2rPaj68Gy4im7Ij1dHWEoojwmRs-dqO66sz49-mxn0ymCFSd5mKbHUOswGUCtfY9TX4gjPPHK3zHmZHS6Ujonk=s0.jpeg>

John Douglas

May 24, 2021, 12:03:30 PM5/24/21
to Sherman Watkins, The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Probably more truth to that than we want to know. I used to buy burritos out of the trunk of a woman's car at the service station. I normally hate them, but her;s were great! :)

john

Sherman Watkins wrote on 5/24/2021 10:38 AM:
Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/CAHOBE5ZV8A5b0x%2B4wNvYpw-Yt_pcXdLACvpUy8auFJrL2yXgog%40mail.gmail.com.

Best Regards,

John D

Kevin Cleek

May 24, 2021, 12:16:29 PM5/24/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

I'm in several cured meat and sausage groups.  As you all probably know, cured sausages have lots of potential for unsafe outcomes when proper ingredients and processing practices aren't used.  I've seen some really dangerous practices promoted.  And it makes me wonder whether I'd ever eat anything from a home producer with a cottage license.

Kevin

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/071a54db-88fd-d9e8-a280-d3fe73a78aa8%40cox.net.

Avast logo

Joe Whittel

May 24, 2021, 2:07:15 PM5/24/21
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
Or why some people won't become KCBS judges.

James Stewart

May 25, 2021, 9:24:23 AM5/25/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
What food safety cert.?  We used to cook at a church in town when they had their annual Fall Festival. The church would mix local businesses with their church people having booths. It was 5 days, big rides, a highlight of people all over town. The church provided a huge commercial kitchen for their people to get water, do clean up etc.

One year we are set up next to a couple  handling a sausage booth for the church. It is an old man and his wife, and as they are getting ready to start for the day she says to her husband where is the box of sausages we are supposed to cook, I gave them to you last night. He said I put them in the trunk of the car so I wouldn't forget them today when we came over.

I guess over the years I've been blessed since I have eaten from roadside vendors of all varieties, an haven't ended in a trip to the hospital yet.  Maybe next week, but not yet!

Pigmanjim

John Douglas

May 25, 2021, 10:06:47 AM5/25/21
to 'James Stewart' via The Smoke Ring BBQ List
Hi Jim,

I too, have cooked and helped out at church functions, carnivals, etc. I found it interesting how some people would have a fit if you did not wear gloves.........one day after being attacked over no gloves and then explaining frequent hand washing was the best, I told a story.  One day while working in the kitchen with a man wearing gloves he said he needed to go to the bathroom.,. after being in the bathroom for awhile he returned with gloves still on and starting handling and serving food.........I have told that story, with variations, so many times I'm not sure if it is true, but it makes the point! :)

John
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/937509455.1511454.1621949057210%40mail.yahoo.com.

Best Regards,

John D

James Stewart

May 26, 2021, 12:12:34 PM5/26/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Yep, and the ones who a 3 sec spritz under the faucet, soap, what's that,  then wipe the hands on the apron, that they were supposed to remove before going to the bathroom.

About as bad as watching a waitress take the rag from the small bucket she used to wipe the tables, noticed there was a spill on the floor, so first wiped up the floor, then back to the bucket and then onto the table.

Life in the WOW lane!

Pigmanjim