Today's cook

Chris H

Jul 17, 2022, 11:33:08 PM7/17/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

We picked up a second freezer this week and it gave me the opportunity
to clean out the old one. At the bottom I found some pork tenderloins
that had been in the freezer since 2016!

I thawed a pair, trimmed the silver skin and sliced them into medallions
about 3/8ths of an inch thick. I seasoned one side with some seasoning
blend my wife picked up on sale. I threw them on the Blackstone and let
them cook on the unseasoned side until they were done most of the way
though. Then I flipped them over and let them finish cooking on the
seasoned side. I do it this way because the griddle will burn most
seasonings if you aren't careful. They were fantastic.

I also cooked the pork butt I mentioned the other day along with some
Cajun Andouille Sausage on the pellet smoker.

Sherman Watkins

Jul 17, 2022, 11:39:32 PM7/17/22
to smokeringbbq
I cooked some 2017 pork loin last week. I hate to think what might be at the bottom of the deep freeze.

Rotisseried a chicken over apple today.  Got a kamado Joe as part of the inventory and am learning how to use it. Still have two WSM for volume, if needed.

Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/b50606d1-1765-1e34-5c60-64915e411d16%40suddenlink.net.

Joe Whittel

Jul 18, 2022, 7:02:49 AM7/18/22
to The official Smoke Ring BBQ list
 I went to RD pickup a 55 lb bag of 00 flour and #10 can of tomatoes for sauce.  had my sister and her family over for dinner.  We did 12 pizzas in the new pizza oven then my son took let over dough and made pretzels in the air fryer

Kevin Cleek

Jul 18, 2022, 11:39:31 AM7/18/22
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

I found this package in February of last year.  I think this may be may be a record!

Kevin

Spare Ribs - 20210213_162743_resized.jpg