old ribs

kyelats

May 29, 2021, 3:34:59 PM5/29/21
to Smoke
I just found three racks of baby backs on the bowels of my deep freezer dated July, 2018.
Are they still edible? They are sealed in cryo.

Thanks

Ken in NC

Sherman Watkins

May 29, 2021, 3:42:40 PM5/29/21
to smokeringbbq
I cooked a 7 year old pork roast once . It was edible if I'd been hungry enough. I wasn't. The frost had done a fair amount of damage.

Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/60b29762.1c69fb81.99103.b6d8SMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING%40gmr-mx.google.com.

kyelats

May 29, 2021, 3:50:04 PM5/29/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.
They don't appear to be frost bit. I think that I'll give them a try.
I think I'll buy some more for Memorial day, though, just in case.
2 for 1 at the store.

Lucy Baker

May 29, 2021, 6:05:07 PM5/29/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
My guess would be they should be okay. Maybe not the best, but I’d certainly cook them.
Lucy

Sent from my iPhone.

On May 29, 2021, at 12:50 PM, 'kyelats' via The Smoke Ring BBQ List <smoker...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Thanks.

Kevin Cleek

May 29, 2021, 6:08:56 PM5/29/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

I wouldn't worry about it if they have been kept frozen.  I found these last February, and they were wonderful!

Kevin  (I think this may be my personal record for using old meat, unless I count my own...)

On 5/29/2021 12:49 PM, 'kyelats' via The Smoke Ring BBQ List wrote:
Thanks.
They don't appear to be frost bit. I think that I'll give them a try.
I think I'll buy some more for Memorial day, though, just in case.
2 for 1 at the store.

May 29, 2021, 6:58:49 PM5/29/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to all. I think they'll be ok.
Glad to hear from all of you.  I lurk but read all posts. Wish I could hear more from all of you. Learned a lot over the years and have a whole library of recipes.
Wanna talk trash instead of barbecue? Go to the Backporch
http://groups.google.com/group/smoke-ring-backporch
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Smoke Ring BBQ List" group.

Robert King

May 30, 2021, 12:54:41 AM5/30/21
to The Smoke Ring
Yeah was going to say ask Kevin……

Record is broken I think!

Robert King

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smokeringbbq/358a37a4-09e7-0911-7b9a-49a1948d37d1%40earthlink.net.
<Spare Ribs - 20210213_162743_resized.jpg><Spare Ribs - 18 Years - 20210216_094030_resized.jpg><Spare Ribs - 18 Years - 20210216_180657_resized.jpg>

Kevin Cleek

May 30, 2021, 6:02:55 AM5/30/21
to smoker...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, those ribs were old enough to vote!  Still tasty, though.

Kevin